Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-27-2010, 06:40

Default Re: Critique My Etsy

I am not the best at etsy but I think the back ground should be simple so it doesn't compete with your product. It makes it hard to see details. Just my opinion................ again not like I am the queen of etsy! I know I have lots to work on myself.

Great products! Very cute shop!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 08:16

Cute shop! Lovely bows!

I agree with the other ladies, you could work on your tags, and the background on the pictures is a little busy.

Also, take more pictures, you can have up to 5, do some at different angles, show the back, on a model, etc.

you may want to rethink your payment policy and require Paypal payments to be made at time of purchase. YOu don't want to be waiting around forever.

And one more thing. The crochet headbands, did you hand make them? If not, they do not belong on Etsy. They "could" be "supplies" BUT, Etsy recently changed the rules and any commercial "supply" that can be used alone cannot be sold, such as headbands, kufis, necklace chains, etc. You could sell them if you clip a bow to it though. There are flag happy people out there, so I'm just giving you a heads up.

from the do's and don'ts http://www.etsy.com/dosdonts.php

A commercial crafting supply is not a commercial item that, although it may be used in crafting, is ready to use as is (for example: mass-produced clothing, dollhouse furniture and clothing).

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 01-27-2010, 08:23

If they can't keep the resellers off of etsy, I don't see how they can bother w/keeping those types of supplies off of etsy!!

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
Cute shop! Lovely bows!

I agree with the other ladies, you could work on your tags, and the background on the pictures is a little busy.

Also, take more pictures, you can have up to 5, do some at different angles, show the back, on a model, etc.

you may want to rethink your payment policy and require Paypal payments to be made at time of purchase. YOu don't want to be waiting around forever.

And one more thing. The crochet headbands, did you hand make them? If not, they do not belong on Etsy. They "could" be "supplies" BUT, Etsy recently changed the rules and any commercial "supply" that can be used alone cannot be sold, such as headbands, kufis, necklace chains, etc. You could sell them if you clip a bow to it though. There are flag happy people out there, so I'm just giving you a heads up.

from the do's and don'ts http://www.etsy.com/dosdonts.php

A commercial crafting supply is not a commercial item that, although it may be used in crafting, is ready to use as is (for example: mass-produced clothing, dollhouse furniture and clothing).
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermayi View Post
If they can't keep the resellers off of etsy, I don't see how they can bother w/keeping those types of supplies off of etsy!!

LOL

Seems they target the little shops more than the big resellers (trust me, I know, I've been the target before!). I just want her to know incase she gets flagged.

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 01-27-2010, 08:50

Great comments, ladies! Thank you! I didn't think about the headbands. I didn't make them, but I've sold several of them on there, so I hate to take them off, but I guess I have no choice. Oh well...kinda like those trademarks....you can make good money off them but if you get caught..you're in trouble! Thank you for the comments on the background. I *like* busy stuff, but I tend to forget that most people don't so that was a great suggestion. I need to do something simple.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:57

For your headbands, your first tag needs to be supplies, and your second tag needs to be commercial...I still see shops selling the hats and headbands (and chains and ribbon necklaces, and etc.,). I think you're more likely to get flagged if your stuff shows up when someone searches in the handmade section. Right now, your headbands would come up in the handmade section.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy523 View Post
Seems they target the little shops more than the big resellers (trust me, I know, I've been the target before!). I just want her to know incase she gets flagged.
Actually, a bunch of sites were on the calling out on etsy blog for the haloheaven stuff!!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:40

I think your bows look wonderful. My Etsy shop has been a flop so I came in to see what advice the other ladies were offering you. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16

Okay, ladies...you're genius'! I changed my tags last night and I sold FOUR boutique bows today! Yes, they were all to the same lady, but she also said she would like to carry some of them in her shop!! What a difference a few tags can make!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:37

When taking your pics use natural light as often as you can. So take pics by a window. Or by an OTT light style bulb if you don't have a good sunny window.
I think it's okay to have a patterned background, but a much more muted pattern so that it doesn't take away from your product. Pick a background and use it in all pics, like you've done, to help with branding.
Use all 5 photos if possible and get lots of angles. I like to take a pic of the back of the bow for those who may not know what an alligator clip or a french clip barrette is.
Use all 14 tags, include your shop name as one tag. That way if people search for you on Etsy they don't have to change the search parameters to sellers, your stuff will pop up no matter what.
You can use the plural form of a word in one tag line, i.e. bow and bows, ponytail and ponytails are one tag.
Promote, promote, promote. Get involved in the forums on Etsy, they have tons of advice.

Good luck! Your stuff is great.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg