new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-27-2010, 12:59

Unhappy All the bottle caps I made yesterday are RUINED!!!!

What am I doing wrong?!?! I took a lot of time yesterday to seal my bottle caps with Envirotex Lite and they all dried with these teeny tiny bubbles. I did what it told me to and ran a lighter over them until they were gone, but they came back. WTH! Can someone help me out and tell me what i'm doing wrong please???
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 01-27-2010, 01:03

Default Re: All the bottle caps I made yesterday are RUINED!!!!

ET sucks - I have a hard time with it because it is very tempermental according to temperature and humidity. Check out Rio Grande Colores doming resin.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04

I usually go back and redo the lighter thing several times. I would say that I check them for at least a good hour before I let them be. As they dry and the et settles more bubbles surface. I also work on them under a day light bulb, otherwise I miss those tiny bubbles.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:07

I usually only have that trouble when I put them on the inside of the cap. Just keep practicing, you will find a method that works for you
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11

did u do the mixtured 100% accurate?
did u go back and check for bubbles a few times.... or just once?

If your gonna be so quick to invoice! Be Quick to SHIP! - EXPECT HONEST FEEDBACK FROM ME!!!
& Dont worry, Retaliatory Feedback DOESNT SCARE ME!!! Im a Buyer NOT a seller! Just Sayin!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11

How frustrating. Sorry that happened to you. I only use diamond glaze, so I have no tips to help you.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:12

I'm sorry about your bottle caps. I can't help you with the bubbles but just wanted to say I have ruined so many of those things. I haven't tried the ET Lite yet, but I've had some sitting here for months. I've tried a few other things though. I have either had them not seal good enough to the cap and the glaze has gotten under them and they lifted or they have run/bled when I sealed them or the sealer (Diamond Glaze or Dura Clear) just did not look good...bubbles or uneven looking. I would love to make bottle cap necklaces and I want to make my own bottle caps but they are driving me nuts. I hope you find a solution to what happened to yours. Next go around I am going to try the ET Lite. I just ordered the Micro Glaze in hopes it stops the bleeding/running issue and I can make some nice looking caps. Good luck with your next batch.

Diane
Old 01-27-2010, 01:18

Thanks guys! I was so excited last night after I did them and then I went to look at them this morning only to find all those bubbles and it was at least 50 bottle caps. SO BUMMED!!!!!!!!! I did run the lighter over them a few times, but obviously I still did something wrong.

How does the diamond glaze work out for you guys? Maybe I'll have to try that considering I don't know if I even want to go through the effort of trying ET lite again only to waste another batch.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:22

I never had good luck with diamond glaze.. My images always smeared even after sealing them before using the diamond glaze.... Et lite is hard to use when it is cold to me....

Boutique Hairbows, Accessories,and Clothing!
Click on my banner above!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysBows View Post
Thanks guys! I was so excited last night after I did them and then I went to look at them this morning only to find all those bubbles and it was at least 50 bottle caps. SO BUMMED!!!!!!!!! I did run the lighter over them a few times, but obviously I still did something wrong.

How does the diamond glaze work out for you guys? Maybe I'll have to try that considering I don't know if I even want to go through the effort of trying ET lite again only to waste another batch.
Yup I know how that goes . I was too. Mine all looked good when I left them then the next morning I was But I won't let them get the best of me. With the ones I did with Dura Glaze that seemed to seep under the image I could peel it off, clean up the cap and I can reuse it. I haven't tried to take off the Diamond Glaze ones yet. I used Diamond Glaze on my glass tile necklaces and I had some tiny bubbles on some of them that I could not move or pop. I did not worry too much about them because they were on the back and they were sooooo tiny. Also there were only a few on a couple of them. I just am not having much luck with this glaze stuff, but I really don't like the resin drops (sticker things) that much and I WANT to do these necklaces. By the time I get the hang of it these will be OUT and something else will be popular LOL

Diane
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg