hot pink wholesale
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-10-2010, 10:08
Default Re: You gals are gonna love this one!

Holy cow I can't even sell mine for $1 at craft shows!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2010, 02:20

Etsy scares me!!! I have a FEW things in an Esty shop but there is so much competition for 1/4 or 1/2 of your price it is ridicoulas! Go to a Boutique anywhere around your home and see things priced a few bucks higher then yours sometimes even $10.00 higher ...happens everyday.
I try to hit the middle with my pricing. I sell my tutus for around $25-30 for size up to 4t, I have seen them in shops in my area for $45.00 for an INFANT size only!!! and on Etsy for $12 for a teen size...So I think $25-30 is fair.

Back to the point of this

If you can get more money out of your product the better, Some places a certain clientel will pay more for things because they are uneducated....who in their right mind would pay $8.00 for a clip like that OMG!! None of us....but someone who does not know any better does DAILY.Boutiqes charge you 20-50% to sell your stuff so you have to upcharge it to make even close to what you want.My regular price then the Boutique takes 40%....I would rather stare at it in my Bow Room for 6 months until someone wants it!!!

Oh SORRY but.....1 last thing EVERYONE needs a lile help sometimes this business is very overwhelming... am sure EVERYONE as had their husand, boyfriend, mother, daughter, etc lining clips or something to help at a time or 2
Girly Girls Emporium
Old 02-11-2010, 06:08

I think lying that she handmade it is just wrong
I do make all mine by hand, but only because I can't get the glitter ribbon here grr.

As for overcharging, I get more frustrated when people undercharge. I sell in stores and need to keep my prices the same as theirs. I work hard as all of you do to make quality items. When I first started selling people were always telling me I was undercharging and when I got into the boutiques we sat down and worked out a price point.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59

Who would pay $8 dollars for clippies, they would have to be lined in real gold!! crazy!!

Michelle Olah
Sponsored Links