Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-25-2010, 12:28
Default felt padded appliques??

So I have googled and searched and cant find what I am looking for. Time to turn to my trusty fellow HGs.
I am wanting to make my own padded felt appliques, but cannot find a stupid simple tutorial for any.
I need something that has a pattern I can trace, cut out and a brief explanation on how to stuff and sew it. ANY help is much appreciated in advance.

Thanks ladies! You rock!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58
Default Re: felt padded appliques??

I believe most of them are made with die-cut machines. I do not have one, so I can't give a review of them, but there are many threads on here about them and I'm sure someone else can help a bit more than I can. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:08

well, i was hoping to find a tutuorial that showed you to do it all by hand..................I dont mind taking the extra time.............But, thank you!! Will look at the other threads and see what they are talking about......
Old 01-25-2010, 01:22

I have used pictures from a coloring book or hand drawn (ice cream cones, cupcakes, dots) and cut them out by hand. I then pieced them on another, larger piece using a zigzag stitch on the sewing machine. Cut that out close to the stitching and hand sewed that onto the pants I was patching. If you stuff the pieces while piecing the onto a bigger piece, would this get the effect you are going for? Just a thought.

Also, while there are no tutorials I came across, I found lots of patterns for appliques on the internet.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:44

hahahah......someone beat me too it! I was looking for the exact same thing!!!

I see a ton of cute felt appliques and thought I might try to make the odd one or two by hand (kinda sick of making korkers for the moment).

I brought some felt sheets from Hobby Lobby (not the thickest or best quality by any means) and a couple of spools of thread and was just going to 'experiment'. I would love to know if there are any 'templates' out there, or if any of the ladies does not mind sharing??? (you can PM me if you prefer). I am going to be doing this old school tho', no sewing machine or any other gadgets and I usually use alli clips

Are most of the felt appliques padded?. I see for example the flower kind with a button in the middle is not. What type of material is used for the stitching wool, emb floss? Soooo many questions I know, sorry!! Wanted to try my hand at making them.

Well I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say.
Sponsored Links

centers, felt, how to make, padded appliques, tutorial