Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-21-2010, 04:49

Default templates vs hand folding

I have been doing bows for a while now and am pretty good at folding them. I have always done all of them by hand and they look great. I have just gained my first wholesale account though. If I used templates, would things go faster? Is it just going to be another thing to hold in my hand while I'm folding the bows that I'm basically folding around or would it make me quick as lightning?
I want to make money and get several more stores, but I don't want to abandon my four children for constant hairbows either.

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:56

Default Re: templates vs hand folding

I don't know the answer but i am curious also, i too wondered if templates help speed things up.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58

I always hand fold mine, but I am considering investing in some templates with my tax refund... I'd like to know if its faster also.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56

I have the NBNG templates and I can do several bows in a row, lickity split. I haven't timed my self, but I've tried free hand folding and I totally failed at it. I had to keep starting over, my loops were all wonky and I just was frustrated. Now, I enjoy making bows and I can get them done fairly quickly. I wish I had the talent to free hand, but alas I don't.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:16

I hand fold quicker than anything. I can get a twisted done in no time.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:44

Does NBNG show you what sizes each bow should be? Is that what it means by template? Or what? I'm confused at what they are showing me here? Reluctant to buy them as I spent 25 bucks on instructions last July only to now NOT be happy with them and basically use only free instructions and trial and error. LMK, pleaes
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48

Yes, the TNT gives you the ribbon legnths for the specific sizes of bows, per style.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:18

sigh....need to get the money for those somehow.

hey everybody, im selling a diamond cluster ring in the "for sale" section!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinasMommy View Post
Does NBNG show you what sizes each bow should be? Is that what it means by template? Or what? I'm confused at what they are showing me here? Reluctant to buy them as I spent 25 bucks on instructions last July only to now NOT be happy with them and basically use only free instructions and trial and error. LMK, pleaes
The book has a chart that shows finished bow size, template size to use, ribbon length and what size ribbon that bow looks best with. The templates are actual templates and are very sturdy: http://nobownogo.com/category_22/TNT...-Templates.htm You won't regret investing in the templates. For the twisted bow the templates only help you with even loops, but she has great instructions in the book on how to actually twist your bow. It took me a few tries to actually get the twisted to look like I wanted it, but now I'm very satisfied with how they look. Hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:46

does the 39.95 ebook have exactly the same stuff as the 59.95 hard copy?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg