New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-16-2010, 01:58

Default Bottlecap help???

Okay, so I have a bunch of questions. I have never attempted to make these, but i wanna try! So I have a few questions....

1) When printing images, can it be on regular paper, or does it have to be photo paper? I have heard you can cut stuff from magazines and such too, so I was just curious.

2) Can I use Durabond duraclear varnish? Or does it have to be the envirotex stuff?

3) When making them for hair bows, from what I understand, you put the image on the top(flat) piece of the bottlecap right? And, can you just hot glue it to the top of a bow, or does the inside have to be filled with foam or something first? (e6000?)

4) When making magnetic bottlecaps, for interchangeable necklaces, do you put the image on the inside of the cap, so the flat (smooth) side is the part you glue the magnet to?

I'm sorry it's so long, but I just want to make sure i am understanding them right?

Thanks so much for anyones input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Maria
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11

Default Re: Bottlecap help???

I print my stuff on photo paper BUT sometimes the ink runs when you put the glaze on it SO I glue the image on the cap and then put clear fingernail polish on it let it dry then put the glaze on it.
I do use things from catalogs...they work great and turn out cute.
I useSun and Moon Glaze. I found it on etsy and love it.
I do the interchangable necklaces and put the images on the inside so it doesnt poke your neck when wearing them.
Cant help with the bows
Old 01-16-2010, 03:28

good questions and I would like to know too.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:06

bump......anyone know about attaching to a bow????
Old 01-16-2010, 07:34

i just make a center knot and glue it on the bow like normal then put some hot glue in the cap and press it onto the knot

some people put e6000 in the cap then a cut of ribbon then fill it with e6000 then let that dry over night and then glue the ribbon around the bow and clip

i use the etlite never heard of the other stuff lol, i have used diamond glaze but didn't like it cause it kept on getting bubbles in it.

Last edited by tinyt19784; 01-16-2010 at 07:36.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:58

I put a dab of e6000 on the inside of the cap, lay a strip of ribbon, then another dab of e6000, and a button. Then attach to the bow with more e6000 and wrap the ribbon around to the back!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01

Thanks guys! I will try some!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:47

thanks or asking, I have been wondering about attaching it to bows
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.