http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-12-2010, 05:25

Default Re: EnviroTech Questions

Gosh glad its not just me!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4185 View Post
Mine just starting filming over, too! What the hay? Can't wait to see if anyone else has that issue.

Boutique Hairbows, Accessories,and Clothing!
Click on my banner above!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-12-2010, 05:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4185 View Post
Mine just starting filming over, too! What the hay? Can't wait to see if anyone else has that issue.
I had the same problem when I tried to use ET.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
does it actually have bubbles in it or does it just dome?

I guess I used too much!! But the stuff is coming off the back ok
It just domes, but it never goes off the sides. I take the medicine dropper and do a ring around the washer. Then I take a toothpick and drag the resin to the edges. I can actually pull my toothpick over the edge and the resin still doesn't drip. Maybe you're just using a whole lot of it. Try a little less? I dunno...
Old 01-12-2010, 07:56

I use a kidspaintbrush as well. I glob about 3 brushfulls in the middle- spread to the edge and then put more on top of that.

The film comes from a few different things with ET. Usually it is the temp at which it was mixed. Try warming it up a little in a bowl of warm water.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:15

ooooh thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
I use a kidspaintbrush as well. I glob about 3 brushfulls in the middle- spread to the edge and then put more on top of that.

The film comes from a few different things with ET. Usually it is the temp at which it was mixed. Try warming it up a little in a bowl of warm water.

Boutique Hairbows, Accessories,and Clothing!
Click on my banner above!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:05

I use a cheapie paintbrush to spread mine around and it doesn't run off the edges unless you start off with too much. I only do one nice thick coat. I put my caps on an old cookie sheet lined with wax paper for my work surface. If you get some on the wax paper it will just snap right off when dry.
I believe the "film" is because it is too cold. ET Lite is pretty sensitive to heat/cold and moisture. I don't pour when it's raining or very cold.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:36

I also use a cheap kids paint brush, drip it on and use 1 coat. I also hold my cap with a pair of small pliers and hold on an angle and let some drip off before I put on pizza sheets(Walmart) Very sturdy. Then after I do about 10-15 caps I go back with a straw and blow(lightly) the bubbles off, super clear everytime. And I make thousands of these a year for shows.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post

Ooh ~ I wondered about the temperature but I didn't think it could be. Now I know I'm not crazy! The last big batch I did was in the summer and it was WARM. Thanks for the tip!!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21

I have only done the bottlecaps twice but I used a stir stick (wood) from starbucks to move the resin around. I like the idea of a medicine dropper but how do you clean it? Also, the resin does form bubbles but the best way to get them out was to blow through the straw at them BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREATH THE RESIN IN!!! You only blow out! It works wonders. Many people also use a lighter and move it back and forth over the caps but this didn't work for me. I have also heard taking a toothpick and moving the bubble to the edge but that didn't work for me either. I had tiny bubbles way in the bottom and on the sides that never came out. I love it when the caps domes but that doesn't always happen for me (must be a trick to it). I also only use the flatten bottlecaps so it's more of a deep round tray.

Sue
Old 01-15-2010, 10:22

Also, you have to read the resin box. There is a temperature issue. Also, YOU HAVE TO MIX IT IN EQUAL PARTS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT EYEBALL IT, CORRECTLY MEASURE OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg