New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-12-2010, 12:04

Default Do you bake your bows??

I have spray my bows with statch to help them keep their shape. It seems to work well, but I have noticed on some of my daughters bows the tend to loose their shape after a while.

Do any of you bake your bows and if so how does that work? I have seen some people say they starch and bake. Is that the secret?? The only time I have ever baked ribbon is when I made korkers and I HATE to make those so it's been a while.

Any info would be soooo greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:19

Default Re: Do you bake your bows??

I do bake mine. I put them in the toaster oven on about 220 degrees for about 20 minutes. I let them cool down also in the toaster oven. I haven't been baking them for too long but so far so good. I have scrunched them over and over in my hand to test them and they always bounced back. I also used stiffen stuff before baking them but I don't care for the bows to get that stiff so baking is great..hth
Old 01-12-2010, 12:28

I bake. I don't always use starch. They usually come out ok without it.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32

No bakey No Starchy here
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49

I bake and starch, there are a lot of good tips on degrees and times to cook from the ladies on here. It also depends on the type of ribbon.. ex. cheaper ribbon, swiss dots(as they can bleed), etc. Some do it at a higher degree(300) for 15-25min.. some do it at 200 for an hour.. I am still trying to find the right temp and time for mine. when I starch the crap out of them and leave them for a long time, they get VERY stiff and will not move, I have also had some that i starch medium and leave them in the same amount of time and it seems as they are not even starched at all! Some on here starch before and after baking them.. some starch and hairspray and not bake... I havent had any problems with the ones I have made so far not holding up, good luck!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41

I don't bake, but I do lightly mist my layered bows.

~Lisa
Sponsored Links