http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 01:47
HollysBows's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 533
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I felt the same exact way when I started making twisteds. Then, I bought the NBNG templates and the Gator Bite. I can't say enough about how awesome these tools are. I wish I was one of those ladies who can make bows freehand and who sew them. I'm a template and tie them kind of girl. Even with using these tools I still had to practice making twisted bows until I got them to look the way I wanted them. It gets better. I promise.
Can I see some of your bows with the gator bite? Did it help with the creasing for your bows?? I'm thinking about getting it, but hesitant to spend the money. Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 02:26
shelby2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
Posts: 588
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSoPrecious View Post
Can I see some of your bows with the gator bite? Did it help with the creasing for your bows?? I'm thinking about getting it, but hesitant to spend the money. Thanks
My creases were nonexistent before. LOL! You will love the Gator Bite. I included a pic of an itty bitty bow to show you that you can make them with the templates and with the Gator Bite. Let me know if I can help with anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Improved Twisted.jpg (29.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg peppermint bow.jpg (41.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg shocking pink.jpg (24.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Hannah itty bitty.jpg (64.1 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 08:36
Kricket's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,926
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

Have you tried the number 8 method? It works great. Give it a try.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 08:53
lilsnapdragons's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington State, stationed in VA
Posts: 1,993
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

I have the NGNG templates. When you start tying them off, hold some tention on the treat and start shapping your bow. I hope that this will help. Devon makes it so easy.
__________________
DIY Portable No Slip Grip Tutorial
Comming Soon...http://lilsnapdragonsbowtique.com
Live Life to the fullest and don't look back!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 09:05
missj's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 943
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

Just FYI that works really well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
Awww, that would be sweet. Tell him you HAVE to have them. LOL! In the meantime, while you wait for your hubby to get them for you here is a snazzy tutorial on how to make templates out of cardboard: http://www.hair-hardware.com/articles.asp?id=138. You can also use a Sally's salon clip until you get a Gator Bite: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Metal-Sup...efault,pd.html. This site has some really good bow making tutorials, resources and info: http://makebowsandmore.blogspot.com/. They use the salon clip in their boutique bow and pinwheel tutorial. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 11:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

I use the SAME salon clips. Ive actually only made 1 bow with it but it was by FAR my best bow yet. It came out SO even. Before then i was using paper clips and they worked but would smash the bow and they would come out uneven. So i would just get the salon clip instead of the gator bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
Awww, that would be sweet. Tell him you HAVE to have them. LOL! In the meantime, while you wait for your hubby to get them for you here is a snazzy tutorial on how to make templates out of cardboard: http://www.hair-hardware.com/articles.asp?id=138. You can also use a Sally's salon clip until you get a Gator Bite: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Metal-Sup...efault,pd.html. This site has some really good bow making tutorials, resources and info: http://makebowsandmore.blogspot.com/. They use the salon clip in their boutique bow and pinwheel tutorial. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19
ILOVEMYREDHEADS's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,525
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

I really want the gator clip. I use the Sally clips now but they slide.

Do you tie off with organza ribbon as shown in the video? I've been using dental floss...just wondering if it would matter.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 03:31
clovertine's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,447
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYREDHEADS View Post
I really want the gator clip. I use the Sally clips now but they slide.

Do you tie off with organza ribbon as shown in the video? I've been using dental floss...just wondering if it would matter.
I use the Sally Clips (I have the metal ones, they feel like aluminum) and I added silicone to make them stay put! It's worked great for me.
__________________
-Christine
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 04:05
HollysBows's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 533
Default Re: Help getting frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
My creases were nonexistent before. LOL! You will love the Gator Bite. I included a pic of an itty bitty bow to show you that you can make them with the templates and with the Gator Bite. Let me know if I can help with anything.
If the gator bite helps you get creases like that then I'm sold! Right now i'm using a metal salon clip and it doesn't hold the bow tight enough for me when I'm trying to tie it off... Very frustrating!!!

Thanks for showing some pics.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/candyshopbeadsus-300.jpg
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/2side-flat-azalea.jpg

shopthecarousel-150.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lg-pinwheel-hair-bow-red-ads.jpg
New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger