New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-08-2010, 05:41

Default Glitter sport headbands

Sorry, but I am unsure how to make this pic smaller. I am lucky to even get it to show up There were a few folks interested in a photo of the glitter bands worn by the softball players. Here are 2 different bands that I have purchased and was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out how they are made??? I have a few other photos if I can add them. Thanks

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48

Default Re: Glitter sport headbands

To me it just looks like a piece of heavy duty fabric covered in glue, then sprinkled with glitter.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC_Cheer View Post
To me it just looks like a piece of heavy duty fabric covered in glue, then sprinkled with glitter.
It's stiff on the back and has a woven type backing on it. Also, the glitter does not come off at all. Thanks for answering me though! These are really big at all ball tournaments we travel to.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:58

I know that raggedyamy was selling some a while back at great prices!! Might wanna pm her if you want to purchase some. HTH
Old 01-09-2010, 12:22

Yes, she was. I bought a ton from her and they are really cute!

Old 01-09-2010, 12:41

http://www.identi-tape.com/deco-glitter.html
Old 01-09-2010, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58

I also saw some 7/8 glitter ribbon at michael. You could also do that and heat bond some material in the back and add the elastic cording.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:26

I had to make some of these for a local softball team. I used the tape mentioned above and a piece of vinyl. covered the vinyl in the ribbon then cut the strips out, sew some elastic to the ends and your done.

I made one set with two colors. place the first color on then place the 2nd diagonally with .5" spaces between then cut the strips as normal. They looked cool, maybe I can find a pic.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:33

Thanks for your help guys! I bought the tutorial that some of you are talking about and have those supplies, but am really just trying to find the exact fabric/ribbon/whatever that the original ones are made from. The tutorial way is not like this fabric, but you get the same effect.

I was just hoping that someone would have the exact fabric to buy, but we have looked for 2 years and so far we have found nothing Oh well, I may just try the glitter ribbon idea. I have some.

I really do appreciate everyone's help.
Sponsored Links