New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-09-2010, 10:48

Default Re: Glitter sport headbands

I think I found the ribbon at wal-mart at 75% off in the christmas stuff (I bought it- but was still expensive- only 3 feet for .79 after discount- for green and red) They had a glitter black and gold that was a little better deal 15 ft for .99! I put it to try for my daughters- what is the best ealstic to sew it to for headbands?
I can put pics of it up later- the glitter does not fall off- it is really pretty!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2010, 10:55

Yes, I bought that ribbon on clearance also. Let me know how it turns out. I got the cheapest black elastic at HL. It stretches the most and the thinner elastic is more comfy, at least that's what my girls say I bought the heavy duty kind first and they say it rolls up on the back of their neck.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post

How do you use the tape? Do you peel and stick it to fabric? If so what fabric works best? Then you probably sew elastic on the ends, right? I'm curious as to how to do this.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiebaby21 View Post
I think I found the ribbon at wal-mart at 75% off in the christmas stuff (I bought it- but was still expensive- only 3 feet for .79 after discount- for green and red) They had a glitter black and gold that was a little better deal 15 ft for .99! I put it to try for my daughters- what is the best ealstic to sew it to for headbands?
I can put pics of it up later- the glitter does not fall off- it is really pretty!

That is exactly what I thought of when I saw the pic! I bought some of the zebra glitter ribbon before it went on clearance and went and got a ton of it after marked down to 75% off. I did not get green and now wish I did! I wonder how long you need to cut the ribbon and elastic. I may try to make one to fit my head - very cute!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksand View Post
That is exactly what I thought of when I saw the pic! I bought some of the zebra glitter ribbon before it went on clearance and went and got a ton of it after marked down to 75% off. I did not get green and now wish I did! I wonder how long you need to cut the ribbon and elastic. I may try to make one to fit my head - very cute!

Well, I have both here and they are not the same as the colors of ribbon but VERY similar to the zebra/leopard ribbon that they carried during the holidays. WM also has the glitter ribbon now with their other ribbon on a roll in case anyone needs it. Can't remember the price.

I think 15 inches for the ribbon and then 18-20 total after the elastic is working for us here.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23

Our Monkey Business Boutique has an ebook on her website. She says they are not made out of vinyl. Might want to buy it and see how she does them.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:46

I already bought her book and supplies and like them, but just want a little different look to sell with the ones i made with her instructions. thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43

Is her ebook worth getting? What kind of material does she use?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37

I think you have to buy her ebook to find out the details. I am unsure what I can post, so I won't post anything. Sorry. It is worth getting IF you plan on selling alot of these and putting a lot of work into them. I have made about 10 and am testing them with girls on local sports teams to get their feedback. The materials cost alot and the time is considerable on each one, so I do not think you could make it worth your while unless you made and sold a bunch, but that is only my opinion.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailes View Post
Well, I have both here and they are not the same as the colors of ribbon but VERY similar to the zebra/leopard ribbon that they carried during the holidays. WM also has the glitter ribbon now with their other ribbon on a roll in case anyone needs it. Can't remember the price.

I think 15 inches for the ribbon and then 18-20 total after the elastic is working for us here.

Thanks for the measurements! I am going to make one this weekend!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg