Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-06-2010, 12:31

Default Can someone help me with korker ribbon!?

I am trying to make korker ribbon and when I pulled it out of the oven and took it off the dowels it is not stiff, this is causing me alot of problems. If a kid was to pull on a ribbon it would strech it out and lose it's shape. I don't know why they are doing this. I cooked them at 275degrees for over an hour some, 30 min. some and they are all comming out the same. I also sprayed them with starch before putting them in the oven, and it didn't help either...If anyone knows why or could give me any advice, I would appriciate it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 01-06-2010, 12:48

Default Re: Can someone help me with korker ribbon!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntto4 View Post
I am trying to make korker ribbon and when I pulled it out of the oven and took it off the dowels it is not stiff, this is causing me alot of problems. If a kid was to pull on a ribbon it would strech it out and lose it's shape. I don't know why they are doing this. I cooked them at 275degrees for over an hour some, 30 min. some and they are all comming out the same. I also sprayed them with starch before putting them in the oven, and it didn't help either...If anyone knows why or could give me any advice, I would appriciate it. Thanks.
Are you letting them cool to room temp on the dowel? Also, your ribbon has to be 100% polyester to ensure it is kork-able. What kind of ribbon is this?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredsmiles View Post
Are you letting them cool to room temp on the dowel? Also, your ribbon has to be 100% polyester to ensure it is kork-able. What kind of ribbon is this?
Yes, it is cooling to room temperature. It is grosgrain ribbon. I bought it in a lot on ebay and I am pretty sure it said it could be used for korkers
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntto4 View Post
Even when ribbon is starched and korked, it will not be so stiff that it doesn't move. You should still be able to stretch it out. It should curl back right back up though. It may stretch the curls a tiny bit, but it should still curl right back up. But, if you stretch the ribbon out and it stays flat, then you have some problems. Can you post a picture of your korked ribbon?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12

that is a tough one because i bake mine at 275 for a lot less time and it stays korked. maybe it was a bad batch of ribbon or maybe your oven is not as hot as it is saying it is. if you have an oven thermometer you can put it in the oven and see if it is actually 275 in there. there was a time my oven was a good 50 degrees off. (my cakes were never coming out right)
Old 01-06-2010, 09:25

Did you kork your ribbon tight enough? It has to be really tight (myself, that's how I kork).
Old 01-06-2010, 10:23

Weird. I've never had grosgrain ribbon *not* "kork". I don't wet mine or starch it either & it will stay curled even through the wash!! But yes, like someone said, it has to be tight onto the dowels with no gaps.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24

Oh I meant to add I only cook mine for 20-25 minutes & that is plenty long enough.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28

hmm even when i stick mine in at 210 for 10 min it STILL holds the curl, even without cooling them, can we please see a pic?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28

dont EVER EVER WET your ribbon it will take FOREVER to dry and curl!!
Sponsored Links