Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-04-2010, 05:12
Default tiny puppy bows

Help Please!!!

My Brother in law asked me to make some airbows for his tiny teacup poodle. I have no idea what kind of clips to put them on. Anyone know what would work best?
Thanks So much
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26
Default Re: tiny puppy bows

I have been getting alot of requests for dog bows lately. Everyone seems to be different in what they want. Some people like them on the small gumbands / rubberbands. Some people like to have them on small french clips. And some people like them on single prong alligator clips. My groomer orders them either on bitty french clips or alli clips. She usuallly puts a gumband in the dogs hair to hold it, then slides the french clip around it or the alli clip through it. It seems like personal preference. I sold some bows to a woman who is a member of yorkie club, and now all her friends order them through me, but they are all over the board on what they like the bows attached to. It seems like I will never satisfy everyone of I give only one choice, but so far they seem to be happy to wait for custom orders made the way they want them. And as long as they keep sending me orders for lots of bows, I'm ok with that!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20

The small snap clip is what I find people wanting here. But I also make them and attach them to the clear tiny elastics. I find more people by the elastic bows then the clips. I think its because they think it will stay better in the dogs hair, which really it does.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:54

I make my own dog collars and bows. I sew a rubber band to the bow so it can be interchangable with different collars. I would make one of each to see which one works best for the doggie and owner. I don't think that helped a bit.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32

I make mine as tiny tux bows with the smallest snap clip and sometimes rubber bands.

I make a killing off these at shows. Oh and take your tulle scraps and make doll/dog tutus. I always sell out of both these items.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44

My dogs groomer uses those clear little rubber bands for her bows, much to Molly's (our Aussie) chagrin. Molly does not like being groomed, much less wear a bow!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:38

i have never made doggie bows before but i have had a maltese for 4years now and she is groomed every two weeks to every month and all the grooms we have used have used the bows attached to the clear tiny elastic. HTH.
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions