5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon

New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-29-2009, 05:51
Default bottlecap help

I am looking to add some bottlecaps to some of my bows, but having never made bottlecaps I am trying to figure out how best to attach them to the bow center before I either buy premade ones or attempt to make them entirely. I've heard of mounting tabs and hot glue, is it just as basic as that? Putting a mounting tab in the center of the inner cap, and massively hotgluing it to the bow? That sounds too easy, and are the bottlecaps used the same bottlecaps for bottles (just not on bottles yet?). Please pardon my ignorance, I've admired bottlecap bows but never taken the time to learn how best to make them...now my DD desperately wants a Hello Kitty one and I want to get/make (don't care which) princess, ballet etc for her.

thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 05:59
Default Re: bottlecap help

I filled up mine with E6000 and held it onto the bow and it held great and that was the first time that I ever put one on a bow. I bought my E6000 at walmart.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:02

Yes, thats basically how you do it, well how I do it. I punch out a 1" foam circle and I glue it to the inner part of the cap with E6000 and then I glue (E6000) the cap with the center foam to a strip of 3/8" ribbon and then I glue the strip, using hot glue, to the bow and then glue it to the clip. HTH.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:11

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I have been wondering if I should fill the center with anything or just glue. I'm rather daunted at the thought of making the images and the bottlecaps, but I have to apply them to the bow whether I buy them pre imaged or not! How long does the E6000 take to dry?
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions