Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-23-2009, 12:26

Default UH!! Boutique bows..

I can not get them to come out the same!!!! I dont know what Im doing wrong but that bottom left loop is alway bigger even though I straighten the bow before tying it. ER!! Maybe Im using too much ribbon? How much do you ladies use (inches) when making a 3 or 4 inch bow with 1 1/2 inch grosgrain? And also with 7/8 inch. I need to make stacked boutique bows. I just cant get it! I have to get these done TODAY and its irritating me!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-23-2009, 12:31

Default Re: UH!! Boutique bows..

Not many people can learn to make a boutique bow in one day. I know it took me months of practice. For measurements I just cut stripes of ribbon at various lengths until I found the size that worked best for each ribbon size.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:58

I starched them, used plastic bags to shape the loops while they dried ( a tip I got from this website) and they actually look great. I will try and post pictures. They arent perfect by no means but they are the best Ive seen around here. LOL
Old 12-24-2009, 12:35

I cut up sections of cardboard from an empty paper towel roll and place them in each loop. Then I spray them with Stiffen Stuff.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:28

If you get the angles right you won't need to stiffen or use bags. It took me over a year to get it perfect and figure this out. I tried many methods and threw away a bunch of bows in the process. The best advise I got was on this forum and the kind lady said.

Its all about the angle!!! Thats when I started paying attention to each angle and there are 4 for a boutique bow and it just clicked. Now it takes a fourth of the time.

Practice Practice Practice

When you go to sell your bow you must first look at it and ask yourself if you would buy this bow. I have thrown many away after that question.

Good Luck
Old 12-24-2009, 11:29

Oh the cardboard idea is great! I have some from wrapping paper! LOL I made more last night and they are already looking better. The ones I made yesterday still look good and I would buy them. Thank goodness, since Im meeting the lady today to drop them off. My first huge order of ten bows, five headbands and a few daisies.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:01

If you use Schiff or Offray ribbon you should not need to use the cardboard. I use it on the ribbon I buy from Yama since it is more flimsy. I agree that the angle is important as well. Try to angle your ribbon at a 90 degree angle. There are some really good instructions on HG that should help you. I posted the link on here not too long ago.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:51

Can you post a picture so that we can trouble shoot?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:00

Try going into here and see if the instructions on here will help you:

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...tml#post372103

Make sure you read all of the instructions for the boutique bow. (I posted the links in a post on here)
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55

Thank you ladies for all the help.Sorry it took me so long to respond, we were out of town for the Holidays. I will post pictures of my bows as soon as I get some more made. I will study the instructions that you posted and will practice more. The lady I made the bows for LOVED them! I made my first huge sale of 75 dollars!! HAHA To me thats a lot! I have to make more bows for the store that carrys mine so hopefully in this lot I will perfect the boutique bow! Im determined! Thank you again!
Sponsored Links