New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-05-2010, 08:44

Default Re: Cheer Bows??

In your post are you saying they paid $22.00 for a cheer bow? OMG....I think my most expensive is $15 and that one is covered in 3 layers of sequin. I think I need to rethink career choice! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerstarztinymom View Post
My daughters are both competitive cheerleaders and their bows are 22 with 3 layers one being sequins bonded to ribbon and two layers of plain grosgrain a piece yikes and stiff.They are huge bows.As the team mom I always order pony's never clips due to front rolls with our younger girls. Last yr I made the bows this yr we ordered them. LOL college kept me too busy.Our tiny squad wears spiky pony O's.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 09:38

Quote:
My daughters are both competitive cheerleaders and their bows are 22 with 3 layers one being sequins bonded to ribbon and two layers of plain grosgrain a piece yikes and stiff.They are huge bows.As the team mom I always order pony's never clips due to front rolls with our younger girls. Last yr I made the bows this yr we ordered them. LOL college kept me too busy.Our tiny squad wears spiky pony O's.
yeah this sounds right to me. I offered a discount to my friend who is a coach and the bows were $15 with the discount, normally $20.
When you bond the ribbon, it takes time plus the sequin isnt a ribbon. It is fabric you have to measure and cut. It is very time consuming for the competition bows.
Check out yella ribbon for all the varieties of cheer bows, I believe she is a member on here.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:04

WOW....Just seems like an awful lot. I use ribbon as a base for my sequin fabric so it looks full and vibrant. I still wouldn't charge $22 for a cheer bow.

Guess that's why I will always have a day job. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGalinSteerland View Post
yeah this sounds right to me. I offered a discount to my friend who is a coach and the bows were $15 with the discount, normally $20.
When you bond the ribbon, it takes time plus the sequin isnt a ribbon. It is fabric you have to measure and cut. It is very time consuming for the competition bows.
Check out yella ribbon for all the varieties of cheer bows, I believe she is a member on here.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:21

Yes..We paid 22.00 for one of our bows and 15 for another and our highest was an all sequin one we wore to nationals and it was like 35.00.They are huge bows our national bow was over 5 inches. And this yr we have all new ones lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:58

Okay.....note to self....I am officially quitting my full-time job and going into the cheer bow business. I might actually make more than I do now. LOL

The bow was over 5 inches wide? WOW I would love to see that in a girls hair. Got a pic? The largest I make is 3" wide.
Quote:
Yes..We paid 22.00 for one of our bows and 15 for another and our highest was an all sequin one we wore to nationals and it was like 35.00.They are huge bows our national bow was over 5 inches. And this yr we have all new ones lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:48

Im in the process of switching to a new computer old one died.As soon as I find my pic disk Ill post pics.We use hairpieces also so they had to be big.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:11

Im not sure how wide mine is, but its pretty big.
I wonder if I could find a pic.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:20

I cant find a picture right now, but I looked on the website, and its about 6 inches across the top.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:39

ok if you're saying the RIBBON was 5 inches WIDE then that's just crazy! the 3-inch wide ribbon already makes a good large size bow.
and a $35 bow?! I have got to see that. I didn't think I would ever see a cheer bow more than $30 .. and I thought $20 was bad LOL and it is!!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarcheergirl View Post
ok if you're saying the RIBBON was 5 inches WIDE then that's just crazy! the 3-inch wide ribbon already makes a good large size bow.
and a $35 bow?! I have got to see that. I didn't think I would ever see a cheer bow more than $30 .. and I thought $20 was bad LOL and it is!!
I think she means the top of the bow is 5 inches wide.
Sponsored Links