150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-07-2008, 09:24

Default HELP please with armholes!!!

Ok so I am trying to make the pillowcase dresses (I have ruined about 4 pillowcases thus far). I am using the instructions I have found here. I have it all figured out except the measurements for the armholes. The instructions say to cut a "J" figure 1 and 1/2 inch in and 3 inches long. When I follow these measurements, I end up with a tiny armhole. Picutres I have seen of these dresses have a large armhole. Someone please help...I am ready to beat my head against the wall....(I need one of those new smileys for that!)
Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2008, 09:30

Default Re: HELP please with armholes!!!

hello, i got my instructions from this lady for like 2 bucks i think...it was awesome and i hand sewed my first one.....
Sewing: How to Make a Pillowcase Dress
hth
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09

I use similar measurements for mine. Hmmm, are you taking into consideration that the fabric will be gathered? It does look a bit weird at first. Can you take a picture of what you've done so far?

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 02-07-2008, 10:12

I use the same measurements. They do look small, but when I put it together and on my grand, it looked ok. I do want to make them alittle bigger, so I just thought about adding an inch to each measurement.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:33

Come on, KBuckner, please don't beat your head against the wall! Breathe, smile, calm down, call a friend!! You are so talented I know you will figure this out!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37

You can do it - here is the link to the place where you can print the .pdf file.

This is the link I used for my arm hole edge: everything sewing/how to/pillowcase dress

everything sewing/how to/pillowcase dress

You can ask me questions anytime!! I'm faaaarrrrrr from an expert but I'm made lots of mistakes and have learned from each one!!! LOL

Amanda
Old 02-07-2008, 11:10

Thanks for the help.....I would post a picutre of what I have so far, but something is wrong with my digital camera right now. I can't get my pictures from my camera to the computer. Just one more thing on my list to do!
Old 02-08-2008, 01:11

When I Made Mine Idid The Same Thing So I Just Make The J Shape As Big As I Think The An Armhole Should Be And Go From There

www.amiraclecreations.etsy.com
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies