printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-13-2009, 02:51

Default Ack korker trouble!

At my show yesterday, a lady was trying to take one of my korkers off the grid wall and yanked on it by the korker pieces ...... yeah it exploded korker pieces all over! The upolstry(sp) thread broke! OMG I was so embarrassed I feel like all my stuff is garbage and all my korkers I have sold at my other craft show are going to break! I feel like I sold junk to those people! I hope it was just a fluke, but I dont know how to make it any stronger.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 12-13-2009, 02:54

Default Re: Ack korker trouble!

have you ever tried sewing them? no one can pull that apart!! i know how you feel about thinking your stuff was not good, as we practice more our stuff gets better and better and the stuff we made first seems like "junk"
Old 12-13-2009, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyte View Post
have you ever tried sewing them? no one can pull that apart!! i know how you feel about thinking your stuff was not good, as we practice more our stuff gets better and better and the stuff we made first seems like "junk"
I do sew them and the thread broke!!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:19

Are you sure you got the thread through all the pieces? Take one of your others and see if you can pull it apart. I've missed pieces before after I had them together and had to re-do the whole korker. It's hard to believe the upholstery thread broke, that stuff is so strong it can actually cut your fingers before breaking.

Facebook Group for Destash and Wholesaling your items. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Craf...handWholesale/
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20

So, far I have not had any problems (hope not to jinx myself). I sew mine with dmc floss using 3 strands doubled, so it's like using 6 strands of thread. I sew threw a couple of times with my 6 strands. I'm not sure how many strands you are using or how many times you are going through the korkers. You may need to use more strands and/or go through them more times. I also make sure that I get a good amount of hot glue on my knot when I glue it to my clip.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
So, far I have not had any problems (hope not to jinx myself). I sew mine with dmc floss using 3 strands doubled, so it's like using 6 strands of thread. I sew threw a couple of times with my 6 strands. I'm not sure how many strands you are using or how many times you are going through the korkers. You may need to use more strands and/or go through them more times. I also make sure that I get a good amount of hot glue on my knot when I glue it to my clip.
I just ripped apart the base and that is what happened. SOMEHOW the ONE place I dident get glue was on the knot and it slipped apart! I use pliars to tighten my knots so its still crazy that it slipped. At least I know its a fluke and I can feel better. I never thought about using double the thread, I will have to try that.
Sponsored Links