http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-11-2009, 09:33

Default Its been a long road

I know this is not the area to post this but I know more people read this part of the forum.

I have been absent from the forums almost 3 weeks now, just hopping on here and there.

The reason being all 3 of my children got Swine Flu. My girls are 11 and 7 so it was not a big deal but my son is 5 months.

This meant an extended hospital stay. My son had an IV was poked and tested and just miserable for a little over a week. I will not even go into the horror of the ordeal as I am still teary over it all. The complications from this flu are terrible. I still have to hold him upright to help him breath sometimes at night.

Get your kids vaccinated! If your pediatrician is out of the vaccine (mine was) find one that is not. under 1yr can not get it so its up to the older kids to protect the little ones. I don't care if you do not believe in vaccinating your children do it for the sake of others. My son could have died imagine if it was your son or daughter.

Also if I have agreed to purchase something from any of you and have not paid yet please be patient with me. I am out of time and money. Insurance is not going to cover everything since I had him this year they have a limit on medical care.

Lu

PS There are 3 people on here who I have open invoices for please pay me or PM letting me know you do not want. I do not want to worry over it. AND to the 2 people who have not sent my packages...please do!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/littledaisywholesale.jpg
Old 12-11-2009, 10:20

Default Re: Its been a long road

I am so sorry to hear what you have been through. Thank God you all came through it and will be ok. I know firsthand the horror of having your infant (and older) in the picu and the needles and oxygen tents and all that. When you are going through it, it seems like you will never make it to the end. Every hour you just pray that they get better. Thank God they did. Your kids are very lucky.

What were your thoughts on the vaccine before? Were you against it and this changed your mind?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:48

I am not really against them but this one seemed rushed and they were not too sure it would work fully.

Now I am behind it. The smallest chance of saving someone what I went through , not to mention the risk to your child is minimal.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:35

The risk are minimal. We are all vacinated and Holly has to get her second dose on Tuesday. I was a mess until we got it and it worked. The only side effect is slight nausea. My mom has been working from the clinic in Boston called Dorchester House. She has been in direct contact with the control center for dieses and she herself got to pick up thousands on vaccines. Kinda cool. I felt like she was on a men in black mission to defeat the evil H1N1 lol.
I had so much anxiety over it too. There really arnt much risk it is made the same way as the seasonal vaccine.

I am so sorry you are going through this I totaly understand how you feel. My hubby got the vaccine just to put my mind at ease. My dad also works at a school as a teacher and they are getting it soon. He agreed to get it for me so I dont have to worry about him. He has ashma bad. I had to bribe him with a Turkey dinner though lol. I had bought a turkey to cook for his bday on Saturday anyways lol. Win WIn!!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:45

My family was vaccinated with the regular flu shot back in Sept/Oct. I had my baby in Oct so that will help her. As for the Swine shot...I have not been sold on it because it was so rushed and there has not been enough time to really see what will happen with it. For now my two older kids (8 and 9) have to clean their hands every hour in class and when they get into my vehicle I have germ-x waiting for them. When they get home they strip their clothes in the mud room and then run to their rooms to put something else on. They also use paper towels in school to open and close doors and flush the toilets using their foot. Something they learned from me whenever we had to got to the restroom in public way before the swine flu was around.

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. That is hearbreaking. It can take a huge toll on you when you have to be in the hosptial with such a small child. I had to with both my girls when they developed RSV as infants.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:51

glad to hear your kids are doing better, may your son continue to improve..
my son has had both regular and the h1n1 vaccines, being a heart transplant patient and under the age of 21 he's in the high risk category. so the doctors said he had to get it. i was a little skeptical on it to because it was so rushed, but he's been fine and had no side effects from it.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:29

So sorry to hear you're going through this, I hope your children recover quickly.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:53

I'm so sorry what an ordeal. I'm glad everyone is recovering. Both my girls have special needs and my oldest who is 4 is immuno compromised (she had bacterial meningitis as an infant) there are many immunizations that she is unable to have. Our infectious disease dr. actually told us to get the H1N1 vaccine and I'm very thankful we did. It does not provide 100% protection but it sure does help.

Continued prayers for your sons full recovery.

Hang in there. Whenever I feel sad about my girls I try to keep in mind many of the things that happened to them medically they will not remember. It will forever be in my memory but not theirs.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:14

I am so sorry to hear your kids had the swine flu, especially the baby. My 6 yr old granddaughter had it and had to stay in the hospital overnight because of her asthma and that was bad enough. Thank God that your kids are better.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/forum-ads-wool-felt-sm.jpg