New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-06-2008, 10:50

Default What am I doing wrong??

O.k. I just made this used the put on a needle and sew method (looked good on the needle) then I sewed it and I think it looks funny!! What am I doing wrong??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg random 021.jpg (43.5 KB, 176 views)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-06-2008, 11:13
Administrator

Default Re: What am I doing wrong??

It looks good.

How many korkers did you use? I was told > 30 korkers needed to make it full.

Michelle
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21

I think I used about 25, I haven't starched it yet, maybe it will look better when I do that?!?!?!?!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
maybe add more ribbon. it looks a little on the thin side. sometimes i have to trim a few pieces on mine to make it look more even.
I may try that, this is another 1st for me so if it doesn't turn out right, not to let down, lol.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:17

One thing I've found that I absolutely have to do is make sure that the korkers are all 'fanned out' and going every single direction evenly. If the flattened out part where you sew them doesn't have any spots where the korkers are 'heavier' in one direction than the others, then it should be equal when it's done.

I've had a few in the past that have come out looking uneven to me, and once I figured out to really pay attention and rotate each korker just a smidge from the direction of the one below it as I was sewing them, they started turning out better.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
One thing I've found that I absolutely have to do is make sure that the korkers are all 'fanned out' and going every single direction evenly. If the flattened out part where you sew them doesn't have any spots where the korkers are 'heavier' in one direction than the others, then it should be equal when it's done.

I've had a few in the past that have come out looking uneven to me, and once I figured out to really pay attention and rotate each korker just a smidge from the direction of the one below it as I was sewing them, they started turning out better.
I tried to get them fanned out and it seemed like they all went back together after I sewed them together. With my next one I am going to try more Korkers and try and keep them in place a little better.
Thanks Daisy!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:13

I think it looks ok. But as all the others, I think it needs more korkers.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:11

it still looks cute..

Letsay for a 2.5", to get a full snowball korker, I used 50 Alot but I got the effect I want.. =) Oh, I got this tip from another loopie and she makes the most cutest snowball korkers...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
it still looks cute..

Letsay for a 2.5", to get a full snowball korker, I used 50 Alot but I got the effect I want.. =) Oh, I got this tip from another loopie and she makes the most cutest snowball korkers...
I am going to put more on there next time. BTW, I LOVE your Elmo on you site!! My son loves Elmo, but I don't think he would look right with a clippie, lol!
Sponsored Links