http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-06-2009, 05:55

Default Cutting korker pieces while on dowel?

So ive read that it is easier to cut the korker while its still on the dowel, and i tried to do this last night but it didnt work out so well. Can some please explain how you do this? Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated if anyone has time to take some, one of what your wrapped dowel loos like before cutting and one of the actual cutting would be awesome. What tip of the woodburner do you use? I have the cheapo walmart woodburner with the original tip that looks like a slanted flat screw driver. Id love to save time by doing this instead but i sort of made a gooey mess instead. Sorry for all of the questions I just really love the idea, if i could get it to work for me. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2009, 08:10

Default Re: Cutting korker pieces while on dowel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbi0120 View Post
So ive read that it is easier to cut the korker while its still on the dowel, and i tried to do this last night but it didnt work out so well. Can some please explain how you do this? Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated if anyone has time to take some, one of what your wrapped dowel loos like before cutting and one of the actual cutting would be awesome. What tip of the woodburner do you use? I have the cheapo walmart woodburner with the original tip that looks like a slanted flat screw driver. Id love to save time by doing this instead but i sort of made a gooey mess instead. Sorry for all of the questions I just really love the idea, if i could get it to work for me. Thanks!
Never heard of that! Surely the woodburner would burn your dowels!!
I have always unwrapped my korker ribbon from the dowels and then cut it with the woodburner.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:34

I received the tip from someone on here and it works great for me. i still wrap my dowels tight, i count out five curls then separate the piece slightly and use my slated side of the burner and just go for it quickly! i also have a cheap-o wood burner. the first time i tried it they did come out ratty and messy but then i got the hang of it. it will leave a black mark on the dowel but it did not affect the next set that i rolled it on. i will try to remember to post a pic tomorrow. i will say it takes practice to just be steady and make one quick swipe. HTH
Old 12-06-2009, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyte View Post
I received the tip from someone on here and it works great for me. i still wrap my dowels tight, i count out five curls then separate the piece slightly and use my slated side of the burner and just go for it quickly! i also have a cheap-o wood burner. the first time i tried it they did come out ratty and messy but then i got the hang of it. it will leave a black mark on the dowel but it did not affect the next set that i rolled it on. i will try to remember to post a pic tomorrow. i will say it takes practice to just be steady and make one quick swipe. HTH
Thank you, Id love to see a picture and hopefully get it right!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:59

it really can be done..i would practice with old ribbon to get it right. it was a huge time saver for me.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg