New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:55

Default How I attach korker bows to clips :)

This is something I took pics of for a friend a long time ago, but I never thought of posting them here since I assumed this was how it's done. However, after reading another thread on korker attachment, I realized I may or may onto something. Then again, I might not. I'll let you guys decide.

Last edited by Tonya; 11-13-2008 at 10:49.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30

Default Re: How I attach korker bows to clips :)

what a pretty bow!

i will have to try this method! although i hate making korkers!!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:33

question for you-that bow is so pretty and mine never look like that--but do you have the korker facing down or up when you thread it? does that make sense? about how many pieces of ribbon is that and what length did you cut them?

Old 02-06-2008, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel66 View Post
question for you-that bow is so pretty and mine never look like that--but do you have the korker facing down or up when you thread it? does that make sense? about how many pieces of ribbon is that and what length did you cut them?
That korker bow had 24 - 3" long korkers (4 each of 6 different colors). That's my favorite size to make because it's a good compromise between being pretty and poofy, yet not taking foreeeeeever to put together, lol.

I usually stick my needle into the korker from the outside of the curl at the middle. The needle goes from the outside toward the middle and then each end of the korker sticks up a bit naturally when turned right-side up. I hadn't really ever thought about it mattering until you asked, lol. I mainly do it that way so that they all face 'up' in the same direction - that way it's easier for each one to be flattened out in the middle as they're stacked together so that I can sew through the whole stack several times to make sure they don't come apart.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:47

What a great idea!! I have just begin bow making and have only made korkers for my daughter and I have just been sewing and then adding glue to secure them but I really like the finished look of the ribbon wrap. I think I might sew it around the clip and then cover it with the straight piece of ribbon. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09

It looks nice. Thanks for the tip. I haven't made many, so I'll be trying that when I do.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:20

now when you sew them, do you make the korker and tie it up with whatever you use and then sew it together? Does this make sense? How would it stay together sewing it, if it wasn't tied up already?
Do you use a machine or by hand?

I know , I know lots of questions this morning.

Thanks
Lauren

Lauren
Mommy to Brooklyn and Brianna
Old 02-07-2008, 07:34

Beautiful bow! I love the method. I never thought about doing it for korkers! That's how I attach my flower loop bows. I will definitely be trying that out!

Lauren, Sewing them is definitely an option but you definitely need a good, strong thread. I sew my little korkers but the larger ones I use elastic thread.

The Ribbon Retreat's website has free instructions on korkers. The #3 Method is sewing. Here's the link Korker Instructions
Once you have your ribbon cut and sealed, use a large needle and place each piece of ribbon on the needle but keeping it ON the needle. Keep putting pieces on turning them to make it nice and round. Once finished pull the needle through and make several stitches to secure it. When I tried to do the larger korkers I had to use the table to help push the needle through.

HTH!!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:02

Cool - I didn't know they had instructions, lol. I am such a figure-it-out-on-my-own kind of girl.

That's pretty much how I sew them together, except I don't necessarily keep them all on the needle while I sew each one. They kinda drift on down the thread like making a popcorn chain. Once I have them all strung on the thread I line them up and spread them out how I want them all and then sew up and down through the stack making a couple of X's. You don't want to sew too close together, otherwise pulling could break a couple of threads in the ribbon itself and a piece could come off. Since they're completely sewn together a few times, the korker bow shouldn't come apart on you.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:55

those instructions are great. I get it now.

Lauren
Mommy to Brooklyn and Brianna
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread