http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-04-2009, 05:44

Default Dog Bows

Do you make pet bows? Our pediatrician always comments on my daughters hair bows & asked me today if I made bows for dogs, she would like some for her 5!!! dogs. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or share their experience with me please. I would like to make them and give them to her for a Christmas gift from my children. I tried to search the forums but I didn't come up with what I was looking for. I even tried searching the word DOG but it was too short of a word.

Last edited by Fashionista; 12-04-2009 at 05:45. Reason: typo.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:56

Default Re: Dog Bows

that is so funny i just had a request for some dog bows, i even have to match a few outfits!!!! i told her i don't specialize in that and she said just make them like a normal bow (extra small of course)! so i am making it bitty bows with bling and putting them on an alligator clip and lining them with gripzies! i don't know if that helps you any but i hope it does!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 12-04-2009, 06:06

Great idea! I was thinking something with a little rubber band on back like they do at groomers haha. I had no idea how to come up with an idea that would work. Can you post a pic or two when you make yours? I would like to see.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:08

i sure will but they are just going to be my normal bows!

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 12-04-2009, 06:12

I just looked on etsy, a lot of the bows for pets are done with grooming bands, some sort of special pony o's for furballs lol. Off to locate them
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26

I make them. I use rubber bands, snap clips and french barrettes. Here are some photos of my "little" (LOL) furbaby wearing her different ones.
It is really depending on the furbabies hair. I prefer the snap clips and barrettes because I can reuse them. Even though I do make all my bows with 2 rubber bands, they do tend to snap and break.
The furbabies owner needs to pull the hair up with a rubber band and then just slip the snap clip or barrette in between the rubber band. It stays in place nicely!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juju 11-2.jpg (43.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg juju flower bow1.jpg (46.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 5013.jpg (184.3 KB, 63 views)

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/jujuscraftsupplies
Old 12-04-2009, 10:02

Any tips on how to make that double loop bow for dogs? They are so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbutterflies View Post
I make them. I use rubber bands, snap clips and french barrettes. Here are some photos of my "little" (LOL) furbaby wearing her different ones.
It is really depending on the furbabies hair. I prefer the snap clips and barrettes because I can reuse them. Even though I do make all my bows with 2 rubber bands, they do tend to snap and break.
The furbabies owner needs to pull the hair up with a rubber band and then just slip the snap clip or barrette in between the rubber band. It stays in place nicely!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
Great idea! I was thinking something with a little rubber band on back like they do at groomers haha. I had no idea how to come up with an idea that would work. Can you post a pic or two when you make yours? I would like to see.
I just got approached by a doggie boutique and the owners were telling me they didn't like the rubber bands for two reasons: one, they break and two is that they dry rot over time so if she doesn't sell them quickly enough, they're worthless to her. She wants me to do them on the alligator clips, single prong (she says quicker to slip in) with the griper. Hope that helps.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:11

I just finished up an order for some dog bows--all on double elastic bands. I made the bitty bows using a 2 inch template and I made some two loop pinwheels out of 5/8 ribbon using a 2 inch template (homemade templates out of cardboard)...they turned out super cute and the groomer put in another order the day after she received them Sorry no pics...
Old 12-04-2009, 10:51

I can make you some. I can make a brown dog and a poodle. I also can make pigs, cows and ducks
Sponsored Links