New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-03-2009, 02:26

Default Cheer Pony O ?

Ok well I am working on some cheer pony o's and I am using 7/8 ribbon and some 3/8 ribbon. I cut them all 21" long and then began sewing them together but once I sewed them it seems as if the 3/8 ribbons are not as long as the 7/8 ribbons. So do I leave them or do I go and try to cut them all off even? I have taken them apart and re-sewen them a ton trying to get it perfect but I still don't think they are perfect. I don't have enough ribbon to mess any of them up and all of it is a special order ribbon (not anything I can buy locally) so I am so afraid to mess it up...lol. I have made quite a few pony o's before but I have never used 10+ pieces in them because around here the girls seem to like them less full but for this cheer squad she wanted them quite full. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-03-2009, 02:30

Default Re: Cheer Pony O ?

I think that's going to depend some on your customer... for me, personally (and I mean putting them on my own girls, not making them myself) I wouldn't care if the ribbon wasn't all the same length... I think it looks cute that way. I would imagine that it's a matter of opinion, though.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:45

I like the ribbon staggered...so it's just a matter of who you're dealing with I think.
21 inches?? Holy cow! I do my streamers @ 12 inches, and I've had lots of people ask for them shorter! The town I live in seems to be way off from every other town! LoL
Old 12-03-2009, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHeadz View Post
I like the ribbon staggered...so it's just a matter of who you're dealing with I think.
21 inches?? Holy cow! I do my streamers @ 12 inches, and I've had lots of people ask for them shorter! The town I live in seems to be way off from every other town! LoL

Yes its like the 3/8 pieces are 1" or so shorter than the 7/8 pieces. I just know once you begin cutting its so easy to ruin it. I think I will just leave them and be ok with it..lol. I just didn't want them to not be "right" but in my mind I was thinking they will be in their hair, they will be bouncing up and down, and probably no one really cares but me. You know we are always harder on ourselves than anyone else. I did them 21" because she wanted them at least 20" and I gave myself an extra inch for sewing them.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHeadz View Post
wow 21 inches is long! I do mine at 10 and 11 inches for our cheerleaders. Send a pic of it to the coach and see if they like it that way or would prefer them to be even. How are you making yours?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy0305 View Post
wow 21 inches is long! I do mine at 10 and 11 inches for our cheerleaders. Send a pic of it to the coach and see if they like it that way or would prefer them to be even. How are you making yours?
Do you all really think 21" is that long? It ends up being 10 1/2 " on each side of the pony o. I think around here that is common esp for hs cheer teams. She saw the ones I did at a show, she was doing her side job and ended up being right beside me and when we began talking I found out she was a cheer coach and the rest is history. I don't think she will mind if they are staggered a bit, I think it was just more in my mind that they should all be even. Its hard to tell from pics of the internet if other peoples cheer pony o's are all even or not. They now only wear a piece of ribbon tied in their hair so this will be a huge improvement overall.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:00

I always cut my pieces different lengths. I cut them between 13 and 17 inches. I never cut the all the same length. I like the not even look. JMO
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39

I cut them 22`inches long and yes sometimes the 3/8 end being a bit shorter don`t know why but I wouldn`t mind.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:50

I also think it's fineto have different lengths but if you want all the same length couldn't you just cut the 3/8 a little to match the others instead of redoing?

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com
Old 12-04-2009, 08:44

I would think the different lengths would had character and maybe help each ribbon kinda stand out individually. That's just my guess as I picture it in my head.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg

Tags
pony o's