Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-03-2009, 01:01

Question How long to bake korker ribbon???

At what temp and how long do you bake your Korker ribbon for? Also, if you bake your finished bows and what temp and how long for those?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/ks_angel_girl/AllAboutribbon/Animation1.gif
Old 12-03-2009, 01:40

Default Re: How long to bake korker ribbon???

Korkers: I bake mine at 275 for 20 mins. =)
Old 12-03-2009, 01:41

I dont bake any bows but korkers I do @ 275 for 35 minutes or longer sometimes. It's longer than most people but I like the curls tight and stiff!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49

cool to know i was wondering how long to make them really stiff
Old 12-03-2009, 01:57

I know this may be a stupid comment .....but My Momma always said there aren't any stupid comments.... (you have to say that like Forrest)

Don't bake any bows that have been assembled with any glue. I know...duh...but I did it with some bow tie clippies and the glue remelted and ....well you know! I just wanted a better loop on the bow ties!!! I put a dowel piece through it and it would have worked...except for that glue.

Okay now you all think I'm an idiot...great!

I have read on here that several women spray the korkers before and after baking and some spray the korker ribbon with hairspray.

My husband gave me the BEST korker tip ever. He is a surgeon and he showed me how to tie a knot that cinches up the ribbon and does not loosen when you tie them! I'm glad he went to all those years of school to help me tie better korkers! LOL!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfrosting View Post
I know this may be a stupid comment .....but My Momma always said there aren't any stupid comments.... (you have to say that like Forrest)

Don't bake any bows that have been assembled with any glue. I know...duh...but I did it with some bow tie clippies and the glue remelted and ....well you know! I just wanted a better loop on the bow ties!!! I put a dowel piece through it and it would have worked...except for that glue.

I have read on here that several women spray the korkers before and after baking and some spray the korker ribbon with hairspray.

My husband gave me the BEST korker tip ever. He is a surgeon and he showed me how to tie a knot that cinches up the ribbon and does not loosen when you tie them! I'm glad he went to all those years of school to help me tie better korkers! LOL!

What knot is this you are speaking of?? LoL
I spray mine with starch first, and then hairspray, and then I bake... for a long time!! I like my curls to not move!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:03

Thanks! I have been baking mine at 275 for 25 minutes, so sounds like i'm doing it right. I thought I read on here that some women bake there bows for extra hold... Or, maybe I don't know what i'm talking about. lol
Does baking longer hold the curls better???
Old 12-03-2009, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfrosting View Post

lolol
I use a slip knot too!!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:20

you can bake your bows just like the korkers, i don't i just spray with starch and let them dry and that works some use hairspray to make them stiff
Old 12-03-2009, 04:32

My hubby suggested I soak the ribbon wrapped around the dowels before placing in the oven... they were extra CRISPY

They really did turn out great, but I kept them in there for about 30 minutes @ 275. I took one dowel out at 20 minutes, but it was still a little wet. I also used starch before and after putting in the oven.

How many yards does everyone use to make a korker? (any rules of thumb?) I thought 2 yards would be enough for a 3'' korker (before wrapping) and it just really didn't seem full enough I'm starting to think the people who sell them at a wholesale must have secrets! Cause I'd sell them for $20 a piece, not $2.00. haha.
Sponsored Links
hair flower patterns and instructions