Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-05-2008, 03:11

Default Q: How to glue swarovski crystal?

Ok, now i got the right size of crystal. How do u glue them, i prefer professionally?? I bought the ready set sparkle Kandi Corp - Ready Set Sparkle Holiday Kit.. and i don't know if it is only for rhinestone or whatever, i'm guessing i could use it on the swarovski crystal (ok so maybe rhinestone - swarovski? lol.. i don't know.. tell me!!)but my crystal became yellow .. i didn't press it hard.. but i'm wondering if i can use it on the crystal?? Google Image Result for http://www.mjtrim.com/Assets/Centers/Projects/Product/howToRhinestones1.jpg

Last edited by ayesha; 02-05-2008 at 03:21.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2008, 03:16

Default Re: Q: How to glue swarovski crystal?

hi girl...if it's not hot fix, you can't use the tool. If yours is the flatback, you may use the E6000 (holds the best) and there's another glue by Aleene but shucks, I got a brain-fart here...lmao...

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:18

k, i found the darn bottle...it's Aleene's Jewel-It. But, IMHO, that don't hold. I'd still recommend E6000.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia View Post
hi girl...if it's not hot fix, you can't use the tool. If yours is the flatback, you may use the E6000 (holds the best) and there's another glue by Aleene but shucks, I got a brain-fart here...lmao...
ok, mine is hot fix.. got it from hotfixqueen.com but, hmmm.. what is the method of using it anyway using the ready set sparkle, if it's already a hot fix?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:36

hmm...odd indeed. If you use the tool and the crystals are hotfix crystals, it shouldn't turn yellow. At least mine doesn't but then again, i've never used it on rhinestones nor rhinestuds... Also, using an iron (for big motifs) on 'em swarovski's don't turn colors either.

I'm sorry, not much help here...lol...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:39

oh, the best way to use hot fix, is the tool itself if it's not a big motif... I got mine from Jewelry Making Supplies, Beads and Beading. Glass Beads, Wholesale Beads, Jewelry Supplies, Swarovski Crystal Beads, Pearls and Jewelry Tools - JewelrySupply.com and imo, a tool is a tool (hot fix tool) and should work on others i.e rhinestones or rhinestuds hot fixes.....

Old 02-05-2008, 11:17

Quote:
oh, the best way to use hot fix, is the tool itself if it's not a big motif... I got mine from Jewelry Making Supplies, Beads and Beading. Glass Beads, Wholesale Beads, Jewelry Supplies, Swarovski Crystal Beads, Pearls and Jewelry Tools - JewelrySupply.com and imo, a tool is a tool (hot fix tool) and should work on others i.e rhinestones or rhinestuds hot fixes.....
THANKS CYNTHIA... wow... your ELMO LOOKs AWESOME!!! i love it.. i sukaaaa sangattt!!! and lil' WA WA sounds sooo cute.... is it just a nickname for your store or you call your daughter WA WA by the way, how long have you been in the states? planning to balik cuti at all to malaysia?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayesha View Post
THANKS CYNTHIA... wow... your ELMO LOOKs AWESOME!!! i love it.. i sukaaaa sangattt!!! and lil' WA WA sounds sooo cute.... is it just a nickname for your store or you call your daughter WA WA by the way, how long have you been in the states? planning to balik cuti at all to malaysia?
lol..makasih Ayesha.. =) WaWa is my DD's nickname. Ya know lil' girls couldn't pronounce Lawa coz of the letter "L". And could only pronounce it as Wawa?...yeah, that's how DD got the nickname. Been here in the States since '06 from Germany. Nak Balik kampung, sighs, tengok duit dulu...lmao!... Kapih nih if beli 5 ticket...lol..

Did you figured out the hot fix thingy yet?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:25

Quote:
lol..makasih Ayesha.. =) WaWa is my DD's nickname. Ya know lil' girls couldn't pronounce Lawa coz of the letter "L". And could only pronounce it as Wawa?...yeah, that's how DD got the nickname. Been here in the States since '06 from Germany. Nak Balik kampung, sighs, tengok duit dulu...lmao!... Kapih nih if beli 5 ticket...lol..

Did you figured out the hot fix thingy yet?
sama2.. waduh.. LAWA yea... cantik namanya. so you were from Germany, around the world la you pusing.. yea .. i know.. mau balik kampung.. but 5 tickets ...
by the way.. i dunno which E6000.. looks like all of them are E6000.. and i'm reading the thread about the E6000 ... and sounds like hard to use? you said in the thread you put the E6000 on the Qtip or something.. is that how you line your glue also? i haven't tried to put on my crystal with the Easy set sparkle thing again.. takut wasted.. but am definitely going to try other options if i can't get E6000 ASAP.. i will get that one though, just not yet.. lol.. ...
Old 02-07-2008, 08:04

lol..There's only one E6000. You can get it at WM, HL or Michael's (not sure about Joann's since there's none here). Yes, squeeze some out and use toothpicks. For these lil' critters, you might wanna use tweezer to pick-up and applying if you're doing more than just 10 crystals.. It's the L-shape tweezer (I think that's what it's called)

I will look something that I've made before on a bow and post it. I'm sure I belum buang ke tong sampah yet...lmao...

Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.