Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-27-2009, 09:18

Default finger cramps....

So I just made my first woven headband and it looks pretty good but geesh do my fingers hurt....how long would you say it took you pros before you could whip one up pretty quickly without it killing your fingers??
Old 11-27-2009, 09:46

Default Re: finger cramps....

Hahahahahahahahah nope. I still can't. I won't do more than three a day.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:12

This is my latest one, It took about 15 minutes or so...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zebra headband edited.jpg (46.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 11-27-2009, 10:43

After about doing 10 or 12 I became a pro at it. Now I can do them without looking at the instructions. The first one was a killer. It took me about an hour.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:28

I just made my first one today and my fingers didn't hurt at all! And it didn't take very long. After I figured out the pattern (I had to start over at one point), it was quite fun Not sure if I did it right though. I see many of them are woven on the inside as well (like the pic posted in this thread), so am I supposed to weave all the way outside and continue along the inside? Or do the outside and inside at the same time? Mine turned out weird on the inside, here's a pic. I used the hair-hardware instructions (at least I hope I followed them correctly lol I'm not sure)

Old 11-27-2009, 11:51

I haven't made to many of them, I caught on pretty quick and I would say I have made less than 50 of them. It takes me about 20-40 minutes depending on the pattern I am using. The basic pattern I just speed through and it doesn't take long, I like to make them over my lunch break sometimes

Krista
Old 11-27-2009, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstarcheergirl View Post
I just made my first one today and my fingers didn't hurt at all! And it didn't take very long. After I figured out the pattern (I had to start over at one point), it was quite fun Not sure if I did it right though. I see many of them are woven on the inside as well (like the pic posted in this thread), so am I supposed to weave all the way outside and continue along the inside? Or do the outside and inside at the same time? Mine turned out weird on the inside, here's a pic. I used the hair-hardware instructions (at least I hope I followed them correctly lol I'm not sure)

I think your headband looks cute, but if you followed the hair hardware tut. I think you veared off in a wrong direction and came up with your own unique pattern!

You are supposed to work around the headband as you weave, not just on the top- does that make sense?

If you still cant get the weave down from the hair hardware directions I bought some from nobownogo and they were wonderful. She starts her weave a little different and it confused me so I still start mine the same as the hair hardware video shows, but her weaves and patterns are amazing and very easy to follow!

Krista
Old 11-28-2009, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
I think your headband looks cute, but if you followed the hair hardware tut. I think you veared off in a wrong direction and came up with your own unique pattern!

You are supposed to work around the headband as you weave, not just on the top- does that make sense?

If you still cant get the weave down from the hair hardware directions I bought some from nobownogo and they were wonderful. She starts her weave a little different and it confused me so I still start mine the same as the hair hardware video shows, but her weaves and patterns are amazing and very easy to follow!

Krista
LOL I think you're right, now that I look back at the tutorial! I was so excited that I got it to look right on the top, I just went with it! Time to go make another one, although mine does seem one of a kind, doesn't it? Thanks for your help, I will look into the nobownogo as well. I have another tut from her that was very helpful.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:33

i thought maybe you did a military braid?!!

watch the video, do it while you watch. if you have to pause and go back do it. it takes a few tries then you'll get it! stick with it!!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:44

I used a video on YouTube and it was the only way I could learn - the printed instructions messed me up. The video I stopped and went back a million times. Then when you get it you can't believe that it took so long to figure out!!
Sponsored Links