http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base


Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:38
ThreeBlessingsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,605
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

What does she think she is WalMart and you are Miley Cirus with Max whomever he is? Or perhaps KMart with Jacquline Smith?? I would say, you guarantee me 100K in sales yearly, I would gladly sell only to you.

CONTROL FREAK MUCH???

Seriously, no way I would agree to that!!! There are brands that are solely made for X store but they are multi-million dollar accounts!! If she is willing to do that much then go for it!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:44
flintb's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,238
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
What does she think she is WalMart and you are Miley Cirus with Max whomever he is? Or perhaps KMart with Jacquline Smith?? I would say, you guarantee me 100K in sales yearly, I would gladly sell only to you.

CONTROL FREAK MUCH???

Seriously, no way I would agree to that!!! There are brands that are solely made for X store but they are multi-million dollar accounts!! If she is willing to do that much then go for it!!
LOL. thanks, I needed a laugh. Everyone in my house is sick (husband and two daughters) except me and I've been going crazy taking care of them and my business stuff. It was also a relief to hear from the people that sell to two or more stores in the same or neighboring towns. I originally thought of discounting my items to her, then she could sell them at whatever price she wants. I'm not sure for my first store, that I would want to do consignment. It seem like a lot of work to me. I haven't done anything like that so I'm not sure how it works. Man, was it this hard for everyone else?!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:48
3aminspirations's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 1,028
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

No way, jose! I had one boutique owner ask that I sell exclusively to her in my town, but not ONLY to her. Unless she can guarantee you a minimum purchase each month that meets your current average monthly sales, you shouldn't even consider it.
Some boutique owners are so uptight - they don't rule the world and they can't set the rules for YOUR business. Good luck!
__________________

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:53
ThreeBlessingsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,605
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintb View Post
LOL. thanks, I needed a laugh. Everyone in my house is sick (husband and two daughters) except me and I've been going crazy taking care of them and my business stuff. It was also a relief to hear from the people that sell to two or more stores in the same or neighboring towns. I originally thought of discounting my items to her, then she could sell them at whatever price she wants. I'm not sure for my first store, that I would want to do consignment. It seem like a lot of work to me. I haven't done anything like that so I'm not sure how it works. Man, was it this hard for everyone else?!
It is hard, I dropped a store b.c the owner was a control freak and she brought me about $200 a month, it wasnt worth it for me!!! Seriously, most of us dont do this for a huge profit, we are at home moms ad want to have the flexibility we need to be moms and wives and friends, I dont see how anyone who does not have a HUGE amt of money to offer you as an income can ask that of you. Like I said, the exclusive contracts that those more famous than us have are HIGH DOLLAR deals with lots of lawyery type language
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:00
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 319
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

I can understand why the boutique owner wants to be the only one selling the bows, she doesn't want any competition and mostly if there is a small town and the stores are close by. But she doesn't have the right to get involved in your other business like website, craft shows and so on.
Maybe you can set a trial period and see what happens, ask about her sales. Are you familiar with the store?
Whatever you decided, good luck, and keep us posted.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:13
ronnie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 5,941
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

I sell my bows to a boutique and the owner knows I have my own website. I sell my bows to her at a 15%-20% discount and we both agreed to sell them at the same price point. It has been great because she has been constantly calling me for custom requests in increments of at least 10 or more.

For someone to tell you that you can only sell to them is ludicrous. That is not how it works.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:21
flintb's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,238
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralinda View Post
I can understand why the boutique owner wants to be the only one selling the bows, she doesn't want any competition and mostly if there is a small town and the stores are close by. But she doesn't have the right to get involved in your other business like website, craft shows and so on.
Maybe you can set a trial period and see what happens, ask about her sales. Are you familiar with the store?
Whatever you decided, good luck, and keep us posted.
I do not know what her sales volume is, but she is the only boutique/specialty store in our city. (We are large enough to be classified as a city and are a suburb of Chicago.) There is a children's boutique in the next town, and a upscale resale shop, that sells these items used. I think perhaps, I could do bows and headbands to match our cities school colors and things like that. It would give her some good inventory and I could keep my other lines, website, and I was hoping to do a craft show next year. I am not a stay at home mom, due to the economy, but am still working on it. I am hoping that if I can get a couple accounts like this, that I could be or even just work part time or weekends only. The store has been there for awhile, at least 4 years. I actually thought of doing a college internship there, but I couldn't do part time. I have talked to her before, but I do not think she knows that. She does a lot of custom clothing so I think this would be good for both of us. She could get custom accessories for her clothing and I could get the account. I hope she will negotiate with me and not stick to only what she wants. After thinking about this and everyone's help. I don't think it's fair to ask me to basically close my store, it's only online, and only sell to her. I've done a lot to market myself too and if I only sold to her, no one would know it was my work. If I do get six figures out of it, I'm all over that! Yeah right! Lol!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:34
ThreeBlessingsBowtique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,605
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintb View Post
I do not know what her sales volume is, but she is the only boutique/specialty store in our city. (We are large enough to be classified as a city and are a suburb of Chicago.) There is a children's boutique in the next town, and a upscale resale shop, that sells these items used. I think perhaps, I could do bows and headbands to match our cities school colors and things like that. It would give her some good inventory and I could keep my other lines, website, and I was hoping to do a craft show next year. I am not a stay at home mom, due to the economy, but am still working on it. I am hoping that if I can get a couple accounts like this, that I could be or even just work part time or weekends only. The store has been there for awhile, at least 4 years. I actually thought of doing a college internship there, but I couldn't do part time. I have talked to her before, but I do not think she knows that. She does a lot of custom clothing so I think this would be good for both of us. She could get custom accessories for her clothing and I could get the account. I hope she will negotiate with me and not stick to only what she wants. After thinking about this and everyone's help. I don't think it's fair to ask me to basically close my store, it's only online, and only sell to her. I've done a lot to market myself too and if I only sold to her, no one would know it was my work. If I do get six figures out of it, I'm all over that! Yeah right! Lol!
Is she a new store?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,474
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

Bad business, is the term for that, I wouldn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-23-2009, 08:23
flintb's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,238
Default Re: I have a business dilema ... need help!

It's not new and there are two, on in my here and a neighboring town. I am not sure yet if she owns both or if this decision would be for both stores.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger