New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-20-2009, 06:15

Default Re: How do you crease your bows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I use COATS Heavy thread, it is like 1.80 at Hobby Lobby or Joann....other stores might have it too, Joann often has it 50% off
I use that also and never had a problem.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:29

I use elastic thread and never have a problem. Do you girls sew throught then wrap around?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebowfairy View Post
I use elastic thread and never have a problem. Do you girls sew throught then wrap around?
yuppers
Old 11-20-2009, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I use COATS Heavy thread, it is like 1.80 at Hobby Lobby or Joann....other stores might have it too, Joann often has it 50% off

same here!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinasMommy View Post
Omg, I just did the sewing method today for the first time and the quality of how my bows look are like a different person is making them!!!! I am just using regular thread for right now, but may try the upholstery thread in the future if I have problems with breakage. I am sooooooooo happy!

Thanks for the tips ladies!
Sewing really does make a difference! In the very beginning I used wire to wrap - not so good. Once I got the NBNG templates, and utilized their method of sewing to make the creases, it made a world of difference!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:57

As far as your question about creasing, are you just wanting to know wire vs sewing? I don't do either. I use the Gator Bite from lookatmebaby.com. I absolutely, positively cannot crease a bow any other way! I can't fold it, sew it, or wire it. I just use the Gator Bite creasing tool with crochet thread to tie it.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:38

Same here...I sew and then wrap it around. It makes a world of difference. I also started out with regular thread and it would always break. I now use upolstery thread and a tapestry needle and it's day and night. Super strong and never had a break and I can tug and tug.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:17

I also use the heavy thread. The upholstery thread used to break when I tuged on it. I sew through and then go around all of my bows and my creases always look great.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:38

When I started making bows, a while back, I used wired then a friend told me it was better to sew, so I did that with embroidery
floss. Then, I discovered the gator bite and since then, I cannot do it any other way, I tied with the embroidery floss. I have a whole organizer full, I cross stich too.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:22

I have always used elastic thread. It works faster and is easier on the hands, especially when you have wholesale orders. Sewing just seems that it would increase the time I make each bow by at least 30 seconds to a minute. When you make between 1,200-2,000 a month that is is alot of time.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif