http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-16-2009, 02:57

Default Elastic width for tutu's

I am getting ready to make 2 tutu's for 1 year old little girls. I have made a few tutu's before for practice but was then told I used the wrong width of elastic so what is the typical width that people use when making tutu's and also for a 1 year old is there a certain length of elastic that you use or do you measure it by a pair of pants that are the same size? Thanks in advance! Toie
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:20

Default Re: Elastic width for tutu's

I dont like to go smaller than 1" no roll for the tied ones....
Old 11-16-2009, 03:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I dont like to go smaller than 1" no roll for the tied ones....
The widest I could find at Wal-Mart which is the only store I have access to right now is 3/4 inch....do you think that will be okay? How do you normally measure the width around?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:26

I use 1" no-roll and when I made it for my 6 month old daughter I measured her waist and knocked off 2" from that measurement when I cut it. By the time it was done it fit perfect.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:16

I use 3/4" no-roll from Joann's on all of my tutus. I get the by the roll which is about .84/yd and then I use the 50% coupon. Comes out really cheap.

The key for me is to not tighten the tulle so tight around the elastic... tie it loose enough where you can slide it without stretching the elastic out. I also use the square knot instead of larkshead knot which keeps it much more uniform and poofy. Hopefully not too much info... HTH!
Sponsored Links