Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-16-2009, 02:13

Default 80's style ribbon braided barrettes

If you lived through the 80's you remember these. I found an archived tut for them. I made so many of these in the early 80's! I'm going to make some red and green ones for my next show and see if any 80's mom's buy them!

This is a great craft for kids to do with you!

http://web.archive.org/web/200512252...aidbarrett.htm

Oh, and I've seen the barrettes at Wally World (Wal-Mart)

Old 11-16-2009, 03:19

Default Re: 80's style ribbon braided barrettes

OMG!! those are GREAT! I remember them too! I remember making my folks take me to Ben Franklin to get ribbon, going home and 'doing my homework" while I made barettes and then sold them at school the next day! LOL Do you remember putting the beads on the ends too? hehe! I might just have to make myself some! LOVE IT!!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:16

how about a new twist and for Christmas, tie some little jingle bells on the ends of the streamers instead of pony beads!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:25

I, too have been thinking of reviving these....my Mom made them for me when I was little, and they're just nostalgic for me. Thanks for the tip about the clips being available @ Wal-Mart...I hadn't gone so far as to look for them yet. Hope you have good sales with those!!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19

I been making these the last couple of years for my girls and my friends they are a big hit still! I put a small bow at one end and it looks good
Old 11-16-2009, 11:25

oh man i have alot of my old ones still. I had them in all the colors and was so proud that I made it myself.

Funny...I still get that feeling.... when i have been creative. Doesthis mean I never grew up?!?!?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulafairy View Post
oh man i have alot of my old ones still. I had them in all the colors and was so proud that I made it myself.

Funny...I still get that feeling.... when i have been creative. Doesthis mean I never grew up?!?!?

If so neither have I! And I never want to grow up if it means losing that feeling!!! I just started making bows and bottlecaps but have been making jewelry for the last 16 years and still get so excited when I come up with something new!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:42

Smile Re: 80's style ribbon braided barrettes

OMG- I have been looking for instructions on how to make these. My mum made somany for me and my sis and now I want to make some more for my nieces but my mum had completely forgotten how to do start. I had some wild colors and som wild beads but I LOVED THEM !! Thanks so much
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07

my mom made those for us too! I used to have a couple, where they went i dont know, found a couple friendship pins, safety pins with beads on them in her old jewelry box my dad gave me..
Old 10-25-2010, 07:47

OMG! I had some of those in the 80's... And yes with the beads hanging from the ribbon Memories, memories *sigh*
Sponsored Links