http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-15-2009, 08:41

Default Re: Forgot how to make Korkers!!?!??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhyde18 View Post
Yes, thanks! I never thought of that but it sounds like it will hold really well! I'm excited to try now
No problem
Just make sure to use a thick needle or you'll break the needle when going back through! Sometimes I have to use the table to make it go through the rest of the way! GL!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-15-2009, 09:29

Now see, here is what I do....

I thread my needle, I usually double my thread, and then tie a double knot. I shove the end of my needle inside the tip of a pencil eraser.

Then I start to pile my korkers onto the needle. Once I have all of my korkers piled on, I tightly hold the bottom of the korkers, and pull the thread through all at once. Then I begin to sew through the layers about 4-5 times. Once I have sewn through a few times, and my thread is back on the bottom, I tie a double knot, and snip. Then I line my clip, and attach it to the clip, making sure I wrap a few korkers around the clip to make sure it is secure around the clip. HTH!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHeadz View Post
No problem
Just make sure to use a thick needle or you'll break the needle when going back through! Sometimes I have to use the table to make it go through the rest of the way! GL!

Kate, I use the table too!!! I tried pulling the needle through once with my teeth...BAD IDEA!!! It broke in my mouth!! Almost swallowed it. LOL!!! The table is now my pal!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:48

I dont sew, I tie, my ones that I have sewn fall apart......lol
Old 11-15-2009, 09:58

Can you tie and sew? What is the secret to some korkers looking very full and perky and some limp and sad. Do you spray any starch on before baking them?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHeadz View Post
I typically use 2.5" cuts

AWESOME!! Thanks!!! I did a 3 inch one and it jsut seemed so big on my goddaughter Thanks again!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:39
Corporate Gifts

1. Step 1
    Choose fabric ribbon that does not have plastic coating or wire edging. Grosgrain works especially well.
  2. Step 2
    Cut a 1-yard length of ribbon, and secure one end to the end of a 1 1/2-foot-long dowel with a clothespin. Wrap the ribbon around the dowel, making sure the ribbon does not overlap. Secure the other end of the ribbon to the bottom of the dowel with another clothespin.
  3. Step 3
    Coat the ribbon on the dowel liberally with liquid spray starch.
  4. Step 4
    Place the dowel on a baking sheet, and bake it for 20 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 200 F.
  5. Step 5
    Remove the dowel from the oven, and allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Undo one clothespin, and unwind the ribbon a few inches to see if it has curled to your desired tightness. If not, bake it for an additional 10 minutes, then check again.
  6. Step 6
    Undo both clothespins once the ribbon has reach the desired curl. Slide the ribbon off the end of the dowel. You can cut it to whatever length you require for your projects.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:29

To make smaller ones do you use less korker cuts? It seems the larger ones look great with 25, but the smaller ones look really packed and smothered??

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/labellabuttons.jpg