http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base


Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 248
Default Doggie Bows!

Tell me what's special about doggie bows and what I should secure them to (and how!)

Can I use the itty bitty mini jaw clips? I bought some at WM tonight thinking they'd be good.... but not sure. Also, what about ouchless mini pony o's? I hate the thought of the little rubber bands because I HATED those in MY hair and I'd imagine they'd kill coming out..

I had someone ask me about doggie bows tonight and had no clue! I told them I'd make some, but have no idea how to go about it!

TIA

Ashley
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:43
Amyte's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 933
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

I personally use the small elastic rubber bands in my shitzu. they are the easy to put in and they stay put. In my opinion an alligator clip would come out of her hair. yes they are a pain to get out because sometimes they break but if you want something that stays then the elastic works best. IMO
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:49
khofkamp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,559
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbell View Post
Tell me what's special about doggie bows and what I should secure them to (and how!)

Can I use the itty bitty mini jaw clips? I bought some at WM tonight thinking they'd be good.... but not sure. Also, what about ouchless mini pony o's? I hate the thought of the little rubber bands because I HATED those in MY hair and I'd imagine they'd kill coming out..

I had someone ask me about doggie bows tonight and had no clue! I told them I'd make some, but have no idea how to go about it!

TIA

Ashley

I have never made doggy bows to sell, but I did make one for my moms dog (she was getting jealous )

I put sewed it to a little pony-o, I agree those little rubber bands are awful and really only good for one(maybe two if your lucky) uses.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=12443696

Kinda like the ones in that link, but the teeny tiny size you would use for babies.

Krista
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 248
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

I bought little jaw clips, not alligator clips.. but I see your point. I thought they might grab the hair a little better than alligator clips..
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:52
khofkamp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,559
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyte View Post
I personally use the small elastic rubber bands in my shitzu. they are the easy to put in and they stay put. In my opinion an alligator clip would come out of her hair. yes they are a pain to get out because sometimes they break but if you want something that stays then the elastic works best. IMO
But then the bow is really no good if the rubber band breaks.

My mom still puts those little rubber bands in to hold the pony tail, then puts the tiny pony-o's over the rubber band so the bows last longer, and the pony tail stays ...at least a little longer since her dog always goes and finds a nice quiet place the roll her head along the floor until the bow is out
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:53
lana1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,368
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

i Sell to two local dog stores and they have me put the bows on 30mm french clips with no slip. But that is what they ordered
__________________
Lana

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 248
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

french clips, really? Wow.

I saw the ouchless pony o's, but didn't think they'd stay in.. I didn't think of putting an elastic in first. Maybe I'll swap the jaw clips for pony o's! And offer a free elastic with each doggie bow?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:58
Amyte's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 933
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
I have never made doggy bows to sell, but I did make one for my moms dog (she was getting jealous )

I put sewed it to a little pony-o, I agree those little rubber bands are awful and really only good for one(maybe two if your lucky) uses.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=12443696

Kinda like the ones in that link, but the teeny tiny size you would use for babies.

Krista
those scrunchies are a good idea but they would never stay in my dogs hair. i think people that are buying dog bows know that they are not going to last very long. when i used to buy them at pet smart i would always buy doubles because between the rubber band breaking and her getting them dirty etc. i always needed back up. i know what you mean the clip with the teeth. i am sure that is fine but it seems temporary one good shake and it may come out. Some people that like to dress their dogs on a regular basis may like that idea because they can take the bow out at the end of the day or change it to match a sweater. I just put a bow in my doggies hair and leave it there until it falls out or i pick it out. maybe you can offer a variety, what works for one may not work for another!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 07:59
Amyte's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 933
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbell View Post
french clips, really? Wow.

I saw the ouchless pony o's, but didn't think they'd stay in.. I didn't think of putting an elastic in first. Maybe I'll swap the jaw clips for pony o's! And offer a free elastic with each doggie bow?
thats a good idea
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2009, 09:52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 1,471
Default Re: Doggie Bows!

I made some for my mom's little tiny dog and I just made them the same way as I do for my 6yo dd. On a lined alli clip and put the no-slip on. She shook it around & tried to paw it off at first but it stayed in quite well. I do like the idea of the ouchless rubber bands and THEN put the clip in. I'm going to suggest that to my mom.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger