Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-13-2009, 09:56

Default Just wondering if you can help

I was just wondering if any of you ladies make quilts or know of anyone who does for a reasonable price. I would kind of like to have some curtains to match it to but thats not a have to. We went to the furniture store tonight and my little girl found a must have bed. Its a princess castle bed with a slide. So I was going to buy her a new Dora comforter but now I need something princess themed but dont really want Disney Princess.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2009, 09:59

Default Re: Just wondering if you can help

I could ask my grandmother for you. She's made beautiful quilts for my girls.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:25

My grandmother has made beautiful quilts for me and now her eyesite is pretty much gone. She has a hereditary disease that is not very common on not curable. She always made quilts for her grandbabies and now great grandbabies...but my little girl who is 3 1/2 got her last quilt. She has had 2 great grandbabies since but can't make them anymore.
I wish I could do it...I am sure I could if I could set my mind to it...and find the time LOL. We are going tomorrow to buy the bed.
So if she will make it or if anybody knows anyone else or a website PLEASE just lt me know. I am not in a rush for it just would like to go ahead and get one going.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:14

Sorry it took me some time to get back to you, but I got ahold of my Grandma, but her father is 90something and not doing well so she is out of state taking care of him and would not be able to make it at this time. I'm sorry that I could not help. She did say should would if she was home so if you still want this in the future, perhaps she can do it. The best I could do is a fleece blanket for the bed. If you'd settle for one of those. I could do that for you, with or without fringe. The ones without fringe would have a matching bias tape edge. I have both at home and could take a pic for you, if you would want one of those. Thanks, Bonnie
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18

I can crochet a blanket with matching colors, but I'm not sure of a design. I might be able to make a crown to attach to the front of the blanket. Just throwing out ideas for you.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:23

I can make a ragg quilt
Old 12-02-2009, 07:41

I have an unfinished twin size quilt in pinks, purples, greens, and generic princess fabrics (meaning, non Disney). I started it when my dd was 2.5 for her big girl princess room. I have the top all pieced together and have the batting and backing all sandwhiched together with it ready to be quilted. I've lost motivation to finish it because my daughter is now 6.5 and not "into" princesses anymore LOL!!! I have so many hours put into it so far, I really should finish it.

I also have matching curtains in pink that I made, they just need to be hemmed, I put them up and used them without the hem for awhile LOL!

Wendy My Etsy Shop

Old 12-02-2009, 07:50

I have no idea how to quilt but just wanted to say that they do have dora princess themed stuff, I think she had a special or something where she was a princess

Krista
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50

Thanks for the help girls. Wendy I Pm'ed you. We are getting ready to move and I think I am going to make her room Princess but not Disney. I looked for fleece material last night at Walmart which is the only place I have to get things like that unfortunately I couldn't find anything. Last week they had Disney Princess and Dora...I was going to make her one anyway cause she loves carrying a blanket around and taking it places. Anyone know a good place to order the material online or anything?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:06

I have made quilts.

I made one for my hubby during his last deployment:

The picture isn't that great...lol.

This is a light-weight quilt (I use high-quality batting--not that thick polyester stuff).

If you're still interested in a quilt...just let me know
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif