New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-12-2009, 10:20

Default Singed Flowers

Okay so I want to make some of these singed flowers very soon... Any tips on what materials you can and cannot use. I saw a post on another board that said NO COTTON, lol, she said she used satin and it worked well. Obviously, I think organza works well. What about like brocade or soemthing?
Has anyone made any from the free tut one of the ladies on here offered--thanks again, great tut, sorry I forgot who it was (--and can you post pics of what you did!?!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 11-12-2009, 11:21

Default Re: Singed Flowers

I made a few yesterday and I used the free tutorial offered here (ThreeBlessingsBoutique). GREAT instructions, very easy to follow. I found the key to a full flower (I like them full) was to cut various sized pieces. If they were all the same, they didn't stack as nicely (in my opinion). I only used organza and I bought a variety of cute buttons from my local fabric store for the centers.

I really like the little ones. I think they'll look great attached to a mini alligator clip and pictured on a toddler! They're so feminine.

Here are a few pictures. A couple of them don't have centers in them yet.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:11

Those are beautiful I love them! Great color choices! Thanks for posting pics, some of those colors, like gray, I would ahve never thought would look good!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18

You want the material to be polyester, possible nylon as well. Polyester is basically plastic in the form of material, so that's why it melts. Cotton will not melt. I would assume that brocade is a cotton or a cotton mixed with some poly? Check to see what it's made out of before you buy!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:38

Here is my tutorial that I am offering free to HIP GIRL chicks...

and yes, if I dont mention it in my tutorial, different sized are important and you can layer them with fabric and organza.

Poly works, I have also had luck with some silks. I have also used a LIGHT brocade. What I find for satins, is they need to be a little heavier than the lining satins more like
Crepeback Satin which makes them super nice since it has some interest in it (sort of wrinkly), also duchess satin, they are both a little heavier. The thinner shiny satin makes it hard to work with and it is not as thick so it doesnt take on as much of a shape.

Here is my tutorial.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ThreeBlessingsBowtiqueSingedFlowerTut.pdf (1.72 MB, 116 views)
Old 11-12-2009, 04:20

Those are so pretty! Love them! Can I ask how much you ladies are selling them for? I just got an order from a ladies boutique for these and I told her $7. She wants them on an alligator clip and a pin. She just placed an order for 28 of them! YEA!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Those are so pretty! Love them! Can I ask how much you ladies are selling them for? I just got an order from a ladies boutique for these and I told her $7. She wants them on an alligator clip and a pin. She just placed an order for 28 of them! YEA!
WTG!

Here are a few I made so far, I have more to finish in burgundy and a dark emerald type green.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg singed flowers 1.jpg (48.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg singed flower headband.jpg (88.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg singed flower pink.jpg (47.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 11-12-2009, 05:06

Where did you buy your organza? I'm assuming you don't use organza ribbon because it's not real wide. Your flowers are gorgeous, BTW! I love the little ones...so cute!

Joanne
Old 11-12-2009, 05:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
I made a few yesterday and I used the free tutorial offered here (ThreeBlessingsBoutique). GREAT instructions, very easy to follow. I found the key to a full flower (I like them full) was to cut various sized pieces. If they were all the same, they didn't stack as nicely (in my opinion). I only used organza and I bought a variety of cute buttons from my local fabric store for the centers.

I really like the little ones. I think they'll look great attached to a mini alligator clip and pictured on a toddler! They're so feminine.

Here are a few pictures. A couple of them don't have centers in them yet.

How many layers did you end up using and how many of each size of circle/flower shape? I was going to try making some of these this weekend but I just got back from town & sliced my finger open one some glass. I probably need stitches, but hey, I'd rather spend the $ on ribbon Anywho, I'll see how well I can do it with an injured finger Any other tips on making these? Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:16

I get organza for them from Joann, Hobby Lobby and WalMart......

it is organza fabric not ribbon
Sponsored Links