Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-09-2009, 10:03

Default Quick Korker Question

For those of you who use woodburners do you cut and seal your korked ribbon in one shot with the woodburner or do you cut first then go over the barrel of the woodburner with the ribbon? If youve done both which do you find is quicker/easier?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2009, 04:07

Default Re: Quick Korker Question

I do mine in 1 shot its sooooo much easier tthen the lighters
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10

You know I was scared of the woodburner at first. I bought one, tried it, failed and returned it. Then I saw on here how many women liked it so I went and bought another one and I LOVE it. It takes some getting used to but doing korkers is the only way to do it. Just wait until it's good and hot and then one swipe of the burner across the ribbon and viola, cut and sealed in one swoop!
Let me tell you that after some time a little bit of ribbon residue will build up on the burner so what I do is I have a painter's sanding block and just a couple of swipes and my burner is just like new! Hope that helps. Once you get used to it, you'll think to yourself how did I ever do this the "other" way.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Let me tell you that after some time a little bit of ribbon residue will build up on the burner so what I do is I have a painter's sanding block and just a couple of swipes and my burner is just like new! Hope that helps. Once you get used to it, you'll think to yourself how did I ever do this the "other" way.
Good tip. I bought one and tried it and the residue build-up drove me crazy. It seemed to happen often and it would mark up the ribbon. I'll try your tip and see if that resolves the problem. I would LOVE to get away from the lighter. What a pain the bum!!!
Need wholesale supplies? Shabby chic flowers, satin mesh flowers, vintage lace flowers, glitter ribbon, FOE, chiffon lace flowers, shabbies, headbands and more! Outstanding Service and Prices at http://www.pinklilywholesale.com

Join our Pink Lily Wholesale Group on Facebook!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:21

do it the easiest way possible I order from Jackie at sassy curlz!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfinn View Post
Good tip. I bought one and tried it and the residue build-up drove me crazy. It seemed to happen often and it would mark up the ribbon. I'll try your tip and see if that resolves the problem. I would LOVE to get away from the lighter. What a pain the bum!!!
When I clean mine I use a metal pan scrubber...not sure what the technical term is....
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42

I do it in one shot too but i find it a little hard to get the all the pieces the exact same length. I used my fingers to seperate while i cut because i tried the metal ruler thing like someone said and i just smooshed my curls, hard to explain lol.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:37

ok, so like my method might sound more time comsuming but it works. when I have to make a ton of them I cut all my ribbon and the seal it with my wood burner.
Sponsored Links