http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-09-2009, 05:50

Default Help with twisted boutiques

UGH!! for the life of me I cannot make a decent looking twisted boutique bow. I even have the TNT templates and instructions. I seem to have a problem separating the loops. I probably should practice on larger ribbon but I want to make them out of my glitter ribbon for snap clippies. Is there a special way to do it?

TIA
Nicole
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:03

Default Re: Help with twisted boutiques

i have those templets too, and it did take me a little while to get it right. First i would use the exact size ribbon she says to use for that size templet. i think the best one to start with would be the 4 or 41/2. i think she recommends 7/8" ribbon. follow the instructions step by step and i am telling you you will get it right. it really took me some practice. once you get that size right you can do it with any size ribbon any size templets. if you have any other questions let me know!! good luck!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:19

I'm right there with you, Nicole! I've tried and tried to make a twisted boutique bow and I can't seem to ever get it to look the way the photos look. I've tried doing them by hand and I even have the templates and I can't get it right! I've followed the directions to a T. I am wondering if it is the way I gather the center together? Does anyone have any tried and true tips to share on folding the center?

Good luck, Nicole! I hope you figure it out.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole_1412 View Post
UGH!! for the life of me I cannot make a decent looking twisted boutique bow. I even have the TNT templates and instructions. I seem to have a problem separating the loops. I probably should practice on larger ribbon but I want to make them out of my glitter ribbon for snap clippies. Is there a special way to do it?

TIA
Nicole
did u get that suppliment tutorial for the NGNB the one about the clips?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:05

I bought Alisons tut and it worked really great! No template and it took me about a week of pratice before I got one that looked right. I find I have to mess with the loops a lot before it's just right. GL...They really are tough
Old 11-09-2009, 08:05

Nicole-Do you think you could post some pics of some of the ones you tried to make? Sometimes, I can kinda look at pics and possibly give suggestions. Trust me, it took me a while to learn too. But, once I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was able to work on perfecting them a little more. I'll be glad to take a look at it and see if I can offer any suggestions if you post a pic or two.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:48

Nicole - I PM'ed you but I didn't see this thread. If I get a chance to do one this week (I have some big orders I'm working on atm), I will video myself doing it and send it to you. PM me your email.

Bows, Etc.
Handmade hair bows, clips, and headbands for all ages.

Kumihimo Woven Headband Instructions now available in my Etsy shop!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:39

I'm definitely no pro at this whole bow-making stuff yet, but I've been doing it for a couple months and am VERY confident about my twisted boutique bow. Actually, when I first started bow making this was the very first bow I started with! Thank goodness I didn't really have too many problems with it because I might have never went on to do other things back then!
Anyway, here is my big tip. Make sure that when you are spreading the loops you make sure that the two ribbons in the back are completely straight with one another and not at any angle or anything. It's hard to explain without pics and incidentally my son poured my coffee all over my camera this morning so I have NO way to show you what I am talking about. Sorry, maybe someone else can if you don't understand it and they do. But when I figured this out it was my big "Aha" moment and they've been great ever since!
Good luck, they take lots of practice to perfect but totally worth it!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Girls~Christina View Post
I bought Alisons tut and it worked really great! No template and it took me about a week of pratice before I got one that looked right. I find I have to mess with the loops a lot before it's just right. GL...They really are tough
Aww thanks.......I still have it hip girl priced on my site

www.threeblessingsbowtique.com
Sponsored Links