New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2009, 01:23
lilsnapdragons's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington State, stationed in VA
Posts: 1,994
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Thanks for sharing!
__________________
DIY Portable No Slip Grip Tutorial
Comming Soon...http://lilsnapdragonsbowtique.com
Live Life to the fullest and don't look back!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2009, 11:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Thank you for all the great details. I make my necklaces the same way and have found the following etsy seller has a nice selection of quality magnets:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunAndMoonCraftKits

Also, I am having problems lately with Walgreens refusing to print some of my bottle cap images. Some I have created myself & some I have purchased via etsy.

So, I tried printing them at home on photo paper but when I glaze them the graphics smear. Do you have any suggestions for protecting the image from smearing or possibly using a different kind of photo paper?

I have tried putting clear packaging tape over the image first to protect it, but that didn't work. It still smeared.

Thanks so much!

Erin
www.lollipopcreations.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2009, 01:58
sweethairclips's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,350
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Thanks for the great tut! I have a 1" button maker and I can make buttons with magnets on the back to substitute for the bottle cap. My problem is I can't find the microfiber tights in my local Target! I might have to check another store.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2009, 01:09
kclements73's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Houston
Posts: 483
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipopcreations View Post
Thank you for all the great details. I make my necklaces the same way and have found the following etsy seller has a nice selection of quality magnets:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunAndMoonCraftKits

Also, I am having problems lately with Walgreens refusing to print some of my bottle cap images. Some I have created myself & some I have purchased via etsy.

So, I tried printing them at home on photo paper but when I glaze them the graphics smear. Do you have any suggestions for protecting the image from smearing or possibly using a different kind of photo paper?

I have tried putting clear packaging tape over the image first to protect it, but that didn't work. It still smeared.

Thanks so much!

Erin
www.lollipopcreations.etsy.com
just wondering in you ever got an answer to your question? wondering the same thing, do you take the bottle cap images and reprint them after you receive them? i think i saw some where you have to laser print them so them image does not smear when you seal it, is that right? TIA
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

I'm a visual person so I'm having trouble wiht this, especially since I just saw this yesterday. Are you saying that stretching the 1/2 inch section, that becomes the choker? And that there is no tying or anything involved? If my interpretation is correct, you should be getting tons of necklaces out of one pair of tights...is that correct????
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Oh
Posts: 530
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Wow....this seems like a really neat idea. I wonder if you could use disc-its instead of bottlecaps? Has anyone tried this?

Robin
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2009, 11:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 277
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru8yr3d View Post
I'm a visual person so I'm having trouble wiht this, especially since I just saw this yesterday. Are you saying that stretching the 1/2 inch section, that becomes the choker? And that there is no tying or anything involved? If my interpretation is correct, you should be getting tons of necklaces out of one pair of tights...is that correct????
That's right, no tying or sewing and you do get lots of necklaces out of one pair of tights!
__________________
Boutique Bottle Cap, Scrabble Tile and Glass Tile Images

Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2009, 09:41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 220
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Thanks!!1
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 1,009
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Ok...I have never tried this. I have a lot of things on my to do list!!! But I'm tyring to figure out when you cut the tights...don't you have 2 loose cut ends? Don't you have to sew those together?
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2010, 12:07
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 1,009
Default Re: How to make Interchangeable Necklaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareya21 View Post
Ok...I have never tried this. I have a lot of things on my to do list!!! But I'm tyring to figure out when you cut the tights...don't you have 2 loose cut ends? Don't you have to sew those together?

Ha!!! Nevermind!! I was thinking they were being cut longway!! LOL
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger