New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-04-2009, 10:18

Default I think I ruined all of my bows...

0911050041.jpg

0911050042.jpgI have made over 200 bows for my first craft show. I was happy with the way they turned until I realized I put every single clip on upside down! I don't know what I was thinking! I lined the alligator clips and then put the unlined part thru the bow! I really want to cry. I tried peeling off the lining and just making them partially lined, but it still has hot glue residue. Do you think I can call it my special non slip grip? I cannot get the alligator clips out without ruining the whole bow.

I have also made 20 tutu bowholders which are so cute, so at least I have them...

Last edited by jenniflower; 11-05-2009 at 09:38. Reason: add pics
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-04-2009, 10:25

Default Re: I think I ruined all of my bows...

I'm sure they can be salvaged. Can you upload a clip/bow so we can see and help better?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:43

Uh-oh!

Don't give up! Maybe some of these ladies can help - I am too new to have any ideas or BTDT, but I be you're not the first to make this kind of mistake, and surely somebody out there has a way to help you salvage this!

Since I can't help, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll be able to work this out.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48

I don't know if this will work, but couldn't you get the metal on the glue gun and run it over the glue so it will heat and melt again and wipe it off really fast?? Just an idea
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48

So did you glue your clip to the bow???? You said you "slid it through." Through what?

If its just glued, try using the tip of your hot glue gun to melt the glue.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:50

Don't panic yet...I agree a pic might help see the "situation" for a possible solution

Old 11-05-2009, 08:01

I think that this might help. If you have a heat embossing tool you can use that to remelt(sp?) the glue, then wipe it off. Just be careful because it gets REALLY hot and REALLY hurts I hope that helps. Good Luck.
Suzie
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05

Can you sell them with the clip upside down? If you didn't notice then I don't know if your customers would. Is it something that's obvious? I'm not understanding so maybe I need to see a pic as well.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09

I do believe you can tell if its the way or not. It wouldn't fit close to the head. I would be a little upset if I bought something at a craft show and got home and it was wrong. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:22

we need pics to better asses the situation

can you post pics of the bow closed and a pic with you pinching it open so we can see?