Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:25
jennychaffey

Default Re: What is the difference between boutique and twisted boutique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
What question were you asking? How to make a boutique bow? It's no secret. I use NBNG templates for all my bows and love them.
Okaaaay....This still didn't answer her question.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 11-18-2010, 07:32
jennychaffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
By the way, if you were wondering what the difference between a twisted boutique bow and a regular boutique bow is, this has been answered many times on this forum.
Well, I wasn't able to get this question answered either, and I typed in every conceivable combination of search titles. Until I scrolled down a few replies. Up until then, the replies simply instructed how to make TWISTED BOUTIQUE. So she was absolutely right in being confused. So I think the answer is that "boutique bows" are just plain old bows, and "twisted boutique bows" are the highly-desired perky bows that sometimes--but not always--use the figure 8 method (which, in my opinion, is much easier but results in a cheaper looking, less-desireable end product).

So thank you to the woman who asked this question, and thank you to the woman who posted the pics of the different bows.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:34
jennychaffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
What big secret? There are instructions everywhere to make them. You just need to use that search link above to find them. I did just like so many others on here and I do believe some of the ""generous" previous posters on here gave you links to them. How is that a big secret?
Well, I wasn't able to get this question answered either, and I typed in every conceivable combination of search titles. Until I scrolled down a few replies. Up until then, the replies simply instructed how to make TWISTED BOUTIQUE. So she was absolutely right in being confused. So I think the answer is that "boutique bows" are just plain old bows, and "twisted boutique bows" are the highly-desired perky bows that sometimes--but not always--use the figure 8 method (which, in my opinion, is much easier but results in a cheaper looking, less-desireable end product).

So thank you to the woman who asked this question, and thank you to the woman who posted the pics of the different bows.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennychaffey View Post

Please don't use up valuable server space to post the identical reply to two different people. Use the "multi-quote" function please.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So if the figure 8 method makes a twisted boutique and the hair-hardware video shows a diff technique but still makes a twisted boutique bow, how do you make just a boutique bow? I'm soooo confused. LOL..
I don't think there is a concrete definition for "boutique". I have come to think of "boutique" as loosely meaning "fancy". And I don't think that this is a "Big Secret" so much as it is a matter of how fancy a bow has to be before it's "boutique".

Most people would probably agree that it needs to be a 4 looped bow to be boutique. Beyond that it may simply need to be oversized (with wider ribbon) or made with a particularly eye catching pattern, but more likely it probably also needs to have a more elaborate style or shape. In other words, it isn't enough that the bow is big and bold but those 4 loops need to be twisty(er)/loopy(er)/perky(er). For those who think of twisted/loopy/perky bows as a minimum requirement then a bow may not truly seem "boutique" unless it is stacked/layered and perhaps even embellished with with bottlecaps and other pretty accents.

This is just my impression as someone relatively new to of this but having spent a lot of time scouring the internet for information I think of it as a progression as follows:

1a) Basic bow (the kind you get when you tie a shoe or a ribbon on a package). I don't think it's possible to get a twisted/loopy/perky effect on a two loop bow since you can't get the angles you need where the ribbon intersects.

1b) "Cheer" bow, which is essentially an oversized basic bow with long(er) tails. The larger size may give the loops more volume but I don't think of them as particularly twisted/loopy/perky.

1c) Mini-bows: miniature basic bows. I suppose it's possible to make smaller scaled 4 loop bows but I haven't seen any. My guess is that too much of the detail gets lost.

2a) Four Loop Bow where the two sets of loops are basically parallel to each other. At a glance it may look like a basic bow, especially if the two sets of loops are really close together.

2a) Pinwheel bow. Four loops and similar to a twisted/loopy/perky (see directly below) but lays flat. It is different from the basic four loop where the two sets of loops are parallel to each other. With the pinwheel the loops are spread evenly apart.

3a) Boutique or twisted/loopy/perky bow. Similar to a pinwheel but with the proper angles where the ribbon intersects the ribbon is forced into into perky loops. Some loops are twistier/quirkier/perkier than others, as you know. That depends upon the angle at the intersections.

3b) Stacked/layered. A more elaborate bow made by stacking/layering at least 3 bows or components of different sizes, textures and patterns. The base is generally a 4 loop bow and those loops are probably (but not always) twisty/loopy/perky. The third component is usually a "surround". The fourth component can be a smaller bow such as a mini-corker (banana curled grosgrain), or a center embellishment such as a bottlecap.

4a) Surround: An accent piece for 4 looped bows, not used as a bow by itself. It is created from a ribbon that is narrower than the boutique bow it envelopes. It looks kind of like a hot wheels track with 4 roller coaster type loops. Once you go to the effort of putting a surround on a bow the finished product is probably "boutique".

4b) Double Surround: two surrounds used together.

JMO. Again, this is just my "take" on it.

Last edited by kelmac; 11-18-2010 at 10:28.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykiddosmom View Post

Great post!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:18

Quote:
Okaaaay....This still didn't answer her question.
As I stated, I didn't understand what the "big secret" is to which she was referring. There is no "big secret." I stated I use No Bow No Go templates, and love them. By the way, they actually have pics on their website that show you the difference between the two bows, they just call the boutique bow a "basic bow." No need to be rude. See below.

Quote:

I searched the forum for "boutique bow twisted difference" and got the following thread, on the first page of results, from the end of September in which I answer this question with a link to pics. This is not the first time I've answered this question with pics.

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/63042-twisted-boutique-bow-vs-boutique-bow.html

Last edited by Krysia; 11-18-2010 at 11:21.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:09
jennychaffey

Krysia, I noticed two ironies: You said that it wasn't worth arguing over, but evidently, you couldn't resist. Secondly, Krysia, you accuse me of being rude, when, in fact, very rude and condescending. I was motivated to defend the original poster's claim because my findings were equally frustrating finding the answer. It was probably my own fault since I can count on one hand the number of times I've written on something like this. I'm not an expert blogger. Maybe you should spend less time hawking the No Bow No Go (do you own stock in the company or something?) B.T.W....the Brilliant Bowmaker is way superior to NBNG.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:20

Quote:
Krysia, I noticed two ironies: You said that it wasn't worth arguing over, but evidently, you couldn't resist. Secondly, Krysia, you accuse me of being rude, when, in fact, very rude and condescending. I was motivated to defend the original poster's claim because my findings were equally frustrating finding the answer. It was probably my own fault since I can count on one hand the number of times I've written on something like this. I'm not an expert blogger. Maybe you should spend less time hawking the No Bow No Go (do you own stock in the company or something?) B.T.W....the Brilliant Bowmaker is way superior to NBNG.
You've made a total of 6 posts so far and most of them are bitching about something.

Is that how you want us to see you? The girls you're barking at are respected members of this community.

Calm down and back off.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:23

Quote:

Your post is rude and as much as I love helping all newbies out you are not worth my time. Especially from someone who has nothing but negative posts under her profile.

Last edited by ronnie; 11-23-2010 at 04:32.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread