New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-30-2008, 05:10

Default No slip headbands-?

I actually saw this at a boutique before I even saw it in the stores (by brands like Scunci), where you have some sort of clear non-slip product on the underside of elastic headbands. At the boutique, it was on the underside of ribbon headbands, sort of like this: How To Make a Headband, Version 3: Easy Ribbon Headband. Sooo cute and easy, but no slip. I don't know how a grosgrain ribbon with a little elastic would be able to stay put any other way. When I looked closely at the ones at the boutique, I could see brush strokes, so it must have been semi-liquid when applied. Any ideas? Does this all make sense? (Think rubber cement, but not. )
Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2008, 05:33

Default Re: No slip headbands-?

I saw something interesting the other day. Can't remember where I saw it but they had a strip of velcro on the underside of the headband. The teeth side catches hair. Looks like it would would great. Thought I would share.

Tina
Old 01-30-2008, 05:35

I think I've heard that hot glue alone will help with the no slip factor, maybe they just brushed there's down?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:59

My dd refuses to wear a headband w/ the velcro. what about a strip of silicone?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:42

I was thinking silicone too--but didn't think about hot glue...have to give it a try! Silicone stays kindof rubbery, so that would definately work...would it affect the ribbon? Not sure.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia-mom View Post
I was thinking silicone too--but didn't think about hot glue...have to give it a try! Silicone stays kindof rubbery, so that would definately work...would it affect the ribbon? Not sure.
I don't know, but I remember seeing that strip in some of the scunii headbands at wally-world and thinking dang that looks just like silicone, very flexible and still has that gummy feel.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57

Thumbs up Re: No slip headbands-?

What can I say....really you all are just great at what you like. I have always loved headbands on my daughter, never made woven headbands even though I think they are so pretty for this reason. She has hair but they dont stay. I was just telling my mom that only if I could find some type of strip that had teeth to put on the headbands to grip into her hair I could get into making them and now I find this post. lol and the conversation with my mom started at [email protected] because I saw all there no slip pony tail holders...
Old 02-01-2008, 10:21

Okay, so where do you get silicone? Home Depot?
Sponsored Links