Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-30-2008, 02:57

Default Surround a Bow?

Ugh I'm getting so frustrated. I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing wrong. I have the TOTT instructions and normally I have no problems with them. After a few tries I get the hang of it. This time for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have an easier way, or another way to explain it? Thanks so much in advance.
Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2008, 04:17

Default Re: Surround a Bow?

don't feel bad. I have TOTT too and I am having a hard time with this one too. I think my problem is that the bow I am putting in the middle of the surround a bow is not big enough.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:29

I still can't get a good fold either

Tina
Old 01-30-2008, 04:35

I don't have the TOTT instructions so I don't know what they say. But here's how I do the surrounds:
First I measure 1 inch longer ribbon for the surrounds then the center bow. Usually its 20 inches for the surrounds and 19 inches for the top bow. Then cut the surround ribbon in half, fold in half and crease in the center of each piece, then take the end of the ribbon, glue it 1/4 inch away from the center crease. Do this twice for each surround. Then glue those two together and there you have it. I can try to post pictures later if need be.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:38

I think I have decided that I have got to get the TOTTs!

www.emilysbows.etsy.com
Old 01-30-2008, 04:48

I've only made one once, but it turned out pretty good. I don't have TOTT, I used these directions

Free Instructions: Loopy Surround-a-Bow Surrounds Surround

Although, next time I"ll probably just glue instead of sew.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:51

Thanks for your simple instructions for the surround bow. I tried to make one using the girly things free website (which I love) but it took me forever to sew it and get it even. (I'm talking like over an hour...ugh I'm slow)So your tip on cutting then gluing will make it so much easier. I'll have to give it another try.........here's hoping I can do it.
Thanks
Leslie
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcaldeira View Post
I don't have the TOTT instructions so I don't know what they say. But here's how I do the surrounds:
First I measure 1 inch longer ribbon for the surrounds then the center bow. Usually its 20 inches for the surrounds and 19 inches for the top bow. Then cut the surround ribbon in half, fold in half and crease in the center of each piece, then take the end of the ribbon, glue it 1/4 inch away from the center crease. Do this twice for each surround. Then glue those two together and there you have it. I can try to post pictures later if need be.
What a great idea! Thank you, I'm going to try it today.

Thank you very much everyone I love this site
Old 01-31-2008, 10:15

Oh my gosh!! That was so easy Thank you, thank you, thank you. You don't know how long it's been driving me nuts I'll try to take a picture when hubby gets home, the camera is downstairs and I'm stuck upstairs in my lovely bed...this baby can't get here soon enough lol.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:52

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg