New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-26-2009, 05:22

Default Re: Need help with Envirotex Lite

i usually let my modge podge dry over night just so i know its dry =)
Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2009, 11:59

The oily look to the edges is definitely from not sealing your image down well. Do you measure very carefully? I use syringes or medicine cups to measure. I have only had problems when I didn't measure very accurately.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:38

Here is my 2 cents:

First - ET lite is a hit and miss. It is difficult stuff to work with to get right, and i have ruined TONS of caps with it! - but I love the look I do get when it turns out.

Make SURE you are mixing EXACLTY the same amount - use a small graduated measuring cup, not just the caps - to iffy.

Let your ModPodge dry thoroughly and make sure to put it on the edges of your image. I use a sponge brush - but only on my white background images.

CLoudiness - my guess would be the tempature of the resin. Works best at 72 or higher. Here in WI, I learned that the hard way when I had my ET stored int he basement here - too chilly, tons of caps were cloudy or had a "spiderweb mark" on the top. I used a lighter, but even had to literally put the flame IN the resin to try to get bubbles out - I don't suggest that - still ruined my caps.

Cap making is a tedious and tricky process. And 2 part resin is a guessing game. I did talk to the guy at the wood worker supply place in town and mentioned how people must go nuts using this on bar tops if the weather isn't correct - he laughed and said that it happens all the time - the stuff is a bear to work with.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:38

Default 2 2 1 5 5 7

http://wl6fst777.homepage.t-online.d...88#post1327388
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Sometimes, I still get little bubbles that never come to the surface even with a lighter. I don't know how to force them to the top. I've tried stirring the resin on my tile with a toothpick and no luck. And I have had the same cloudy issue. I thought maybe it was from too much modge podge. It is definitely not a forgiving product.
I found that when it got cold out side my tiny bubbles wouldent come up, so I warm up the et before mixing, (like in warm water) I think the cloudy ussye us modge podge!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybr-chic View Post
I found that when it got cold out side my tiny bubbles wouldent come up, so I warm up the et before mixing, (like in warm water) I think the cloudy ussye us modge podge!
sorry Issue is! Not ussye us
Old 02-26-2011, 06:38

I had some issues like this with my bottle caps, what i do is i modge podge my project before i put on the et lite. after letting it dry, i mix my equal parts of et lite, and i mix it like something fierce lol...like i have it in my cup and take a pop sickle stick and mix mix mix and mix some more just to make sure its ok, after its mixed good i notice its kinda not clear, its cloudy and its got lots of bubbles, so i let it sit for a couple minutes for the bubbles to get to the top, and THEN i put it on my bottle caps.

I check on my bottle caps frequently because usually there are still little bubbles that rise to the surface and i just pop them with a straight pin when the mix is still really really watery and not made it to the gel stage yet

I have found this way is the best way, and ive done lots of experimenting with them

HTH!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Sponsored Links