http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-22-2009, 11:44

Default I cannot make a twisted bow even with TNT :(

I have tried and I just cannot get the twisted bow to look right or even close to right. I am cranking out perfect basic and pinwheel bows though. I feel like twisted bows are the most popular, do you think I would be okay at a creft fair with no twisted bows? I have stacked some basic bows and even added spikes. They still look cute, I think. What do you think. And do you think I should I should line my alligator cilps or are they okay unlined? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2009, 12:05

Default Re: I cannot make a twisted bow even with TNT :(

Twisted boutiques actually sell the least for me. I know it is all dependent on the area, but they just don't do well for me. Most people buy my sculpture and seasonal bows v.s regular bows.

At first with BrilliantBowmaker, I thought I didn't have it right but once I finished them off instaed of just looking at them tied, they were actually right. Make sure you have it facing upward...alot of people including myself have made that mistake.

Good luck!!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:14

I always partialy line my clips. I do notlike fully lined as the hair gets caught up between the inside spring and where the ribbon starts or ends, depending onhow you line your clips. If you are a member on Devons group, she has cheat hints in the files I believe on how to make these dreaded bows. LOL If you are not a member, I suggest you join. It will save your sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniflower View Post
I have tried and I just cannot get the twisted bow to look right or even close to right. I am cranking out perfect basic and pinwheel bows though. I feel like twisted bows are the most popular, do you think I would be okay at a creft fair with no twisted bows? I have stacked some basic bows and even added spikes. They still look cute, I think. What do you think. And do you think I should I should line my alligator cilps or are they okay unlined? Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32

Hey I say stick with "your thing". People are more likely to love your stuff because of your individual style. If you're rockin the pinwheels, etc. I say stay with it.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:38

Thank you so much, I just wanted to make sure other bows sold. I feel better
Old 10-23-2009, 10:41

Well, the bbm template helped me make one from not knowing anything about twisteds at all. I can take a pic of my bows with the bbm if you would like and email them to you.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:42

I find the pinwheel to be the easiest for me as well. I'm working on my twisted though.

I'd say partially line the clips they look much better that way!~
Old 10-23-2009, 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
You really stink lol. You know the twisted and I have never got along.
it is hard to get it right, when i freehand, it takes me a while...and i am still never satisfied.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia44 View Post
You also enjoy making the big one's where I like the tiny one's. Well I have to finish up this group buy. Back to work
well to be honest, i never made the tiny ones actually, lol. I may one day...gotta go myself...... VERY BUSY day! ttyl
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07

pinwheel sells better for me than twisted.
Once you get the basics folds of the twisted boutique bow, you just have to practice and practice. You have to learn to angle your ribbon before doing the accordian fold. You'll get it...it just takes time.

I think you should line your clips...either fully or partially(I fully line mine).

Good luck with your show!
~Lisa
Sponsored Links