http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-29-2009, 05:05
ahaygood

Default Re: Curly Ostrich

Do not use curling iron! Use scissors like you use to curl the ribbon you tie to balloons.. make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Would the curling iron not burn the feathers? Scissors like I would ribbon that you use for wrapping gifts? I have no idea where mine came from... I bought it from a HG friend (who I haven't ever met in person).. She's my friends, friend really. She does bows in TX and she was placing an order I ordered 3 different colors from her. I'll find out the company for you though. They are pretty expensive ($15 something a rope). She's a HG member but I don't think she's been here much bc she's getting ready for some huge show she's doing in Nov in TX.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaygood View Post
woops forgot to add the pictures
2nd pic is a corsage
ahaygood,
What type of organza do you use for you pins? I have been trying to make these and bought some from WM and it doesn't seem to work like I want it to. Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 02:45

Thank you pattock6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
So... I made a poof last night with my curly ostrich and it looks like well crap for lack of a better word. What is wrong? I didn't cury the ends but they are already curly. I cut it at about 5" sewed the ends toghether and hot glued a clip. I don't even know what I could do different. It's flat and smashy looking.
It's actually looks good to me. I don't see anything wrong. May be double the feathers for a fuller look that you might like better. But I like this one :-)
Old 12-04-2009, 05:32

Can it be bought at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or JoAnns?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFALCO16 View Post
Can it be bought at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or JoAnns?
Check under group buys - there's a quick one just opened that will close I think on Sunday or Monday. They're $9 each.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17
ahaygood

i just buy the organza on the bolt? you are talking about the fabric flowers right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocerut View Post
ahaygood,
What type of organza do you use for you pins? I have been trying to make these and bought some from WM and it doesn't seem to work like I want it to. Thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj58 View Post
So did you buy it on a rope? Do you prefer this way rather than ready made puffs on the clip? I really want to get some. I PM'd raggedyamy and got no response. Post a pic when you figure it out. Maybe it will shed some inspiration.
I musta been sleeping on the job again. LOL.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaygood View Post
i just buy the organza on the bolt? you are talking about the fabric flowers right?
Right! Do you have any tips/tricks for singeing the edges? I have been working with it and it looks ok, but I want mine to look better.
Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 08:29
ahaygood

Not really Post a pic and lemme see what they look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocerut View Post
Right! Do you have any tips/tricks for singeing the edges? I have been working with it and it looks ok, but I want mine to look better.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg