New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-22-2009, 09:29

Default New here- HI !! Popular Flowers and Colors

Hello Everyone! My name is Lauren and I'm mom to DeAnna. I've just started making bows for her and I've been loving it. I'm not as good as most of you, but I'm also not selling my bows. Wish I was that good!

Anyway, I was wondering if you ladies can help me. I noticed these crochet bands that infants wear and they have these really cute flowers on them.

What type of flowers are popular with the bands and what are the popular colors?

Also, where can I buy these flowers?
I dont want to buy alot of the same colors because its just for my daughter. Thank you.

_______

A really kind lady just messaged me about Halo Heaven's flowers too! They look so pretty! Thank you!

Last edited by DeliyahMom; 10-22-2009 at 11:54.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58

Default Re: New here- HI !! Popular Flowers and Colors

Hobby Lobby or Micheals is great. HL has 1/2 off on their flowers a lot. You buy the flower on the stem and cut the stem apart, take the flower apart and glue it back together.. put a alligator clip on the back a rhinestone in the middle.. they are fun and cute.
Here is a pic of some I've gotten at Hobby Lobby.

First pic is a gerbera daisy (did I spell the gerbera daisy right?) Second is some I got in the wedding section... Except the hot pink and red on the top.. those are like the fabric flowers except I made them using organze type ribbon I also got in the wedding section at HL.

Fabric flowers are fun too.. Here is a pic of one of mine there is a tutorial on this site on how to make them..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinkflowerkufi.JPG (76.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpeg flowersHL.jpeg (178.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpeg zebraflower.jpeg (148.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 10-22-2009, 10:51

Oh thank you so much for your warm welcome! Means alot to me.

Your flowers are gorgeous! I really like the one you made yourself. That one looks so nice. What is the size of that pink flower on the hat?

I guess I'll check out Hobby Lobby and Michael's ad for this week. Thanks you!!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:08

I like the flowers that they sell right here on Hipgirl. They are very pretty and great quality and you can buy one at a time
Old 10-22-2009, 11:16

Here are a few I bought here at Hip Girls.. they are nice. I'm guessing the flower you asked about is about 3x3 roughly.. Tha hat is on is a infant kufi hat.

first 2 pics are HG flowers... the last is Hobby Lobby flowers I took apart and glued back together.. Mixing the colors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hgflower.jpg (47.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg hgflowerPk.jpg (46.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg HLFlowers.jpg (58.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-22-2009, 11:48

Those ones you took apart from Hobby Lobby look so CUTE!
If you dont mind me asking, where do you gets little gems in the middle? Are they expensive?

A really nice lady just messaged me about the Halo Heaven flowers too! They're SO CHEAP and it has the gems too!

Last edited by DeliyahMom; 10-22-2009 at 11:55.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:48

Hi
I'm new too. One other place to look is thrift stores, consignment stores etc. You can get some arrangements pretty cheap. Pull the flowers off toss the rest and use the flowers. I got some very nice gerber (sp?)daisies for 1.50 for like six flowers. I just added rhinestones and voila! you might also try your local freecycle maybe someone is getting rid of their stuff.
HTH
Abbie
Old 10-22-2009, 04:58

I also got the rhinestones at HL. They have all sizes... I'm not sure what size these are.. also I've gotten them at wal-mart before.. they aren't expensive... you can by a pack of maybe 20 for about $3.50 I think... Don't quote me I'm so bad with money and spending!!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45

If you want some cheap flowers to practice with first get them at Dollar Tree or whatever dollar store is in your area. Its not really tricky to do but I always like to practice anything I do first.

Lu
Old 12-11-2009, 02:58

Thanks for the instruction!

Is it better to glue than sewing back together? or does it depend on the type of flower? sorry, I am clueless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Hobby Lobby or Micheals is great. HL has 1/2 off on their flowers a lot. You buy the flower on the stem and cut the stem apart, take the flower apart and glue it back together.. put a alligator clip on the back a rhinestone in the middle.. they are fun and cute.
Here is a pic of some I've gotten at Hobby Lobby.

First pic is a gerbera daisy (did I spell the gerbera daisy right?) Second is some I got in the wedding section... Except the hot pink and red on the top.. those are like the fabric flowers except I made them using organze type ribbon I also got in the wedding section at HL.

Fabric flowers are fun too.. Here is a pic of one of mine there is a tutorial on this site on how to make them..
Sponsored Links