Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-19-2009, 12:53

Default Making Hair Bow Holders

I would like to offer some hair bow holders at an upcomming show but I have NEVER made one before and I would like to offer some that are cheaper and then maybe a fabric covered one that is a little more expensive. Where do you all get the cute painted animals and such? Are they already painted or do you paint them? Also I would like to maybe carry some letters too, so wheres the best place to get them?

If you have any pictures to share with me I would love to get ideas. Around here most people would not pay $20 or $25 for a bow holder so I want to offer something to the people who can't afford the more expensive holders.

Thanks so much,
Brenda
Avery Bug's Bow-tique
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2009, 12:57

Default Re: Making Hair Bow Holders

I get my letters at Michaels. Some are plain and some are painted white. We are waiting for my hubby to get orders from Marines, so my whole life is in storage (including paint), so I just decoupaged the letters. Glued ribbon around the sides. My kids love them!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26

Micheal's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby have the already painted ones and you can get blank ones to paint yourself
Old 10-19-2009, 01:39

i use the letters from hobby lobby. the white funky ones. if you watch you can catch them 1/2 off. i use the different color spray paint for mine. i've tried to paint them using like acrylic paints with a paint brush or foam brush and they always streak. here are some i've done. i'm destashing them too for $5 each if your interested in them!!

Old 10-19-2009, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdowns84 View Post
i use the letters from hobby lobby. the white funky ones. if you watch you can catch them 1/2 off. i use the different color spray paint for mine. i've tried to paint them using like acrylic paints with a paint brush or foam brush and they always streak. here are some i've done. i'm destashing them too for $5 each if your interested in them!!

I used HL letters for my daughter's name in her room. I decopauged these letters and it worked out great!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYREDHEADS View Post
I used HL letters for my daughter's name in her room. I decopauged these letters and it worked out great!

did you use modpodge? i tried some and it got all bubbly. how did you do it?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdowns84 View Post
did you use modpodge? i tried some and it got all bubbly. how did you do it?
I did use modpodge. If you get really close you can see the strokes b/c I didn't have a foam brush and used a regular paintbrush but it didn't bubble.

Maybe try just a using a little bit and if you have a pampered chef scraper tool that might work.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYREDHEADS View Post
I did use modpodge. If you get really close you can see the strokes b/c I didn't have a foam brush and used a regular paintbrush but it didn't bubble.

Maybe try just a using a little bit and if you have a pampered chef scraper tool that might work.
i will try that thanks!!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17

I saw the painted animals at Walmart at the craft section, also you need to get a ring to loop the ribbon and they can attached to the wall.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:28

You can also attach a bit of ribbon on the top to hang on the wall if you don't want to have to get the d rings. Just glue one end of the ribbon on one side of the letter and glue the other end of the ribbon on the opposite side of the letter on the top (does this make sense???) Then you don't have extra hardware to buy, just use shorter pieces of ribbon
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies