ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-16-2009, 03:18

Default could use some help please

One of the recent posts somewhere asked what we've learned from this forum and this is definitely on the top of the list- FOE and Cuteque flowers!

(i apologize if this is big, i don't know how to do the other way yet)

I used the tutorial by maeve which was great.

This is the first headband with FOE i've ever made and i was wondering about where to put the flower. I didn't make an interchangeable headband, but i still covered the seam with ribbon to hide where it's sealed. Then i glued the flower on top of that area. so the seam part that is now covered with ribbon, which is then covered with a flower, will be on the top of the baby's head, right? does it irritate a little baby (i made this for a friend with a new baby) because of the edges of the ribbon? I hope that makes sense.

My other question has to do with the flower itself. The flower in this picture is the Cuteque CQA37 [ http://www.cuteque.com/products_detail.php?id=30 ] that I've taken apart and then put back together and added the crystals.
How do you ladies put the flower back together? do you sew the layers? do you glue them? if you glue them, is is hot glue? i was hot gluing my first one and noticed that since the layers are thin (i only used a bit of glue), it was almost see-through on the top layer (the flower is a light color). do you do something different in order to avoid this?

Thank you so much!!!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-16-2009, 03:36

Default Re: could use some help please

I usually use 3/8 inch ribbon and the seams or edges of the ribbon are under the flower rather than on the back of the headband
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I usually use 3/8 inch ribbon and the seams or edges of the ribbon are under the flower rather than on the back of the headband
You don't cover both sides of the FOE with the ribbon? do you see the seam then? Do you sew or glue your FOE?

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:04

anyone available?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:19

You could sew the flower layers it would only take a few stitches and then use the 3/8" ribbon under the FOE and attach to the back of the flower with a little dot of glue on each side. The seam would be hidden and the flower would be secured better.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooGClips View Post
You don't cover both sides of the FOE with the ribbon? do you see the seam then? Do you sew or glue your FOE?

Thanks!
I sew the foe then I put ribbon around where I sewed to make the band interchangeable and then I put the flower bow whatever, on the ribbon
Old 10-17-2009, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollywogbows View Post
You could sew the flower layers it would only take a few stitches and then use the 3/8" ribbon under the FOE and attach to the back of the flower with a little dot of glue on each side. The seam would be hidden and the flower would be secured better.
how would the seam be hidden if one only puts the ribbon under the FOE. there's still the other side of the FOE, no?

sorry i'm confused!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:55

Quote:
I sew the foe then I put ribbon around where I sewed to make the band interchangeable and then I put the flower bow whatever, on the ribbon
so then you do have the ribbon around the whole piece of FOE and that's what i was wondering RE: the comfort on a newborn. would the ribbon irritate?

Thanks so much!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooGClips View Post
so then you do have the ribbon around the whole piece of FOE and that's what i was wondering RE: the comfort on a newborn. would the ribbon irritate?

Thanks so much!
Not being a new born myself I can only vouch for the fact that I have not ever had anyone complain......
Old 10-18-2009, 02:46

Quote:
Not being a new born myself I can only vouch for the fact that I have not ever had anyone complain......

lol, thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg