Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-18-2007, 06:11

My favorite look for Hannah is 2 little "buns" I make ponytails, and then only pull then halfway through the rubberband on the last "pull." (she calls them Minnie mouse buns...lol) She normally wears way bigger bows than this, but you can see them the best in this pic with little bows. Hannah JUST turned 3 a few days ago....

Sorry I dont kow how to post pics, heres a link to my auction with that hairstyle...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Lynn, I LOVE that hairstyle! I'll have to try it with Hannah!

Editing to add a photo... I think I figured it out....

Last edited by momto4gr8kids; 08-18-2007 at 06:30. Reason: Added a picture
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:42

momto4gr8kids,

Your daughter is adorable and your bows are beautiful!! Is she wearing a ZaZa outfit? How long have you been making bows? I love the colors!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34

Thanks Tara! I got the outfit from a seller on ebay. (She made it) Can you believe it was only $17 new!!?? Thats what Hannah is wearing for her Bday party today...

Thanks about my bows. I've been making them for a little over a year.

Angie
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16

Here is a picture of my daughter, Chloe (2yr)! She loves Bows. She thinks she is a princess when she has one on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00772.jpg (22.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-18-2007, 05:35
Administrator

Thanks Angie and Tara. Your little girls are adorable.

Michelle
Old 08-18-2007, 06:08

Hey Michelle, I started to write out directions for a stand-up pigtail (at least what I think you're referring to) and then decided to take pictures using a doll. Well, for some reason my computer is not accepting them when my husband sends them from his computer. So hopefully I'll get them soon.

In the meantime...

Claire's hair just stands straight up all by itself. Crazy. So I insert the clip sideways so the side of the clip is touching her head, rather than the flat bottom part. Does that make sense? If your daughter has more hair, then I'd put a rubberband in to make your pigtail. But don't push the rubberband all the way down to the scalp. Leave about 1 inch. Then insert your clip only using the top part of the hair. (The clip should be inbetween the scalp and the rubberband. Then push the rubberband down gently by separating the pigtail into 2 sections and pulling them apart. The result should be that the clip(bow) will stand up with rubberband resting on top of it (but slightly off center). if you use a really small rubberband then you shouldn't see it behind the bow.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures soon to show you what I'm trying to explain.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:47

Mine all wear them differently. Ponyo's w/ bows, then they wear a headband too sometimes on top of that. The smaller clips they wear pulling their bangs to the side and back ., Kat

JJ on FB
Old 08-19-2007, 06:06

awww so cute...!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:56
Administrator

I can't make it right. I want to make 2 stand up pig tails but one is 90 degree, the other one is 180 degree.

DD didn't want big bows. She picked puppy clips and she's happy.

Michelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clips 86482.jpg (163.7 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg