printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-14-2009, 11:39

Default Re: Urgent help needed please

I just purchased some stuff called Magic Glos dries in less than 30 minutes. It's a little pricey but it's a 1 part resin - Hopefully it works. I'll keep you ladies updated with the results!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2009, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenasbowtique View Post
I just purchased some stuff called Magic Glos dries in less than 30 minutes. It's a little pricey but it's a 1 part resin - Hopefully it works. I'll keep you ladies updated with the results!!!
Ohhh please do! Would'nt that be awesome if it were that quick & crystal clear and easy....something you could even do at a show (if you have enough help for any custom bottlecaps!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59

I've baked them before But you have to stay on top of it. Turn oven on to 170 degrees and then turn the oven OFF. When you put the bottlecaps(on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper) in, check them every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes, taking care of any bubbles that may come up. I use one of those lighters like you would use for a grill by just running the flame over the top. I'm sure you know about all that. You do have to watch and make sure the envirotex lite does not run off the sides of the bottlecap. If this happens, you have to move the bottlecaps out of the run off because they will be cemented in place when it dries.

In saying all of that, I found that I would rather not use the oven method unless you are in a real bind and I guess you are. LOL Good luck. Wanda
Old 10-15-2009, 12:03

my only advice - call the 800 number in the am.

good luck.....my heart breaks for you, i know the feeling!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laias Bowtique View Post
I've baked them before But you have to stay on top of it. Turn oven on to 170 degrees and then turn the oven OFF. When you put the bottlecaps(on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper) in, check them every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes, taking care of any bubbles that may come up. I use one of those lighters like you would use for a grill by just running the flame over the top. I'm sure you know about all that. You do have to watch and make sure the envirotex lite does not run off the sides of the bottlecap. If this happens, you have to move the bottlecaps out of the run off because they will be cemented in place when it dries.

In saying all of that, I found that I would rather not use the oven method unless you are in a real bind and I guess you are. LOL Good luck. Wanda
Well it might be to late anyways. I resined them 2 hours ago now. I will say that my caps have been drying really fast. I've been really surprised because it's been colder here and yet they are drying faster. They've been averaging about 24 hours but UGH 18 hours I don't know. Here's hoping. I do have an order of ball and chains coming in tomorrow and they are supposed to include a sample of epoxy seals. I've never used them and don't really want to use them but if I have to then I guess I can. Thank you ladies. I guess I will just go ahead and wait this one out nervously.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:10

Cristi - you can't really "bake" ET. What you can do is heat your oven to 200 degrees and then turn it OFF!!!!! Put the caps in and close the door. Open in the morning, and they should be good to go.

On another note - go and buy Del Rio Doming Glaze!!!! You have to do a search online - can['t remember the link righ tnow. 2 part resin, 8 ox. bottle each, 19.95, squeeze bottles!!! comes wiht stir sticks and cups! By VAR fewer problems and bubbles than ET!!! AND.......YOU CAN FREAKIN' BAKE YOUR CAPS AND HAVE THEM DONE IN AN HOUR!!!!!! I kid you not - and they come out beautifully!!!! I love this stuff, even though it is more expensive and you have to have it shipped!!! for quick caps - you cannot beat it!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09

Wow I am so going to look into that. I had seen it on the craft group but hadn't bought it yet. It is more expensive since you can't use a coupon on it and stuff like that but seems worth it. Every now and then I make a mistake and it would be nice to be able to redo a cap instantly. I think I saw they were thinking about doing a group buy on it. I'm not sure. I'm on digest and don't read it often!

Cristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sla762 View Post
Cristi - you can't really "bake" ET. What you can do is heat your oven to 200 degrees and then turn it OFF!!!!! Put the caps in and close the door. Open in the morning, and they should be good to go.

On another note - go and buy Del Rio Doming Glaze!!!! You have to do a search online - can['t remember the link righ tnow. 2 part resin, 8 ox. bottle each, 19.95, squeeze bottles!!! comes wiht stir sticks and cups! By VAR fewer problems and bubbles than ET!!! AND.......YOU CAN FREAKIN' BAKE YOUR CAPS AND HAVE THEM DONE IN AN HOUR!!!!!! I kid you not - and they come out beautifully!!!! I love this stuff, even though it is more expensive and you have to have it shipped!!! for quick caps - you cannot beat it!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:23

I tried to google "Del Rio Doming Glaze" and came up with nothing. Is this the exact name? Also has anyone tried Treasure Crystal Cote? I read on another group about someone using this product for their caps. It does not require mixing and dries a little faster than ET.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40

Hi, Cristi, I am a TOTAL newbie at this. I have been trying to do the bottlecaps, but obviously I am doing something wrong. Can you give me some tips? or lead me to a site that can help me? What do you use to paint them, and seal them? What is the trick to a smooth finish? I've googled and googled, but there isn't much out there as far as a tutorial. ANY help/suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!
Sponsored Links